Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kydex neck holster for a S&W Shield

Site Supporter

Kydex neck holster for a S&W Shield

Anybody have a source for a kydex neck holster for a S&W Shield? Years ago I had a Raven neck holster for a Ruger LCP. I can’t even find a photo of said holster anymore. If anybody could post a photo of the raven holster I would appreciate it

Site Supporter
    Are you sure you want that much weight around your neck?!

I have used a neck holster made by Newt Livesay for a North American Arms mini revolver, which allowed me to carry a backup gun in some non-permissive environments, but that is the heaviest thing I would want to even think about carrying this way.

Stellar Rigs currently makes neck holsters for mini revolvers as well as Kel-Tec P-32, P3AT, and PF9 pistols. I do not know if he is set up to make one for a Shield. http://www.stellarrigs.com/gun_neckchain_rigs.html

For all of my neck holsters and neck knife sheaths, I take a 6 to 6 1/2 inch section of paracord, pull out the core, and slide the ball chain into the shell. I then center the holster or sheath on the covered part of the ball chain. This prevents noise from the ball chain rubbing against the Kydex. I would not want to simply hang the holster or sheath from paracord, because I would want something that will break if someone grabs it and tries to choke me.

I have not used neck carry in quite some time, primarily due to slow speed of access and the annoyance of having something hanging from around my neck.

I never used a neck holster with a pistol. I tried a neck sheath with a knife (it was some A. G. Russell deal from decades ago). Trouble with the neck sheath is that it moves around during physical activity and you're never quite sure where to reach for it.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    I never used a neck holster with a pistol. I tried a neck sheath with a knife (it was some A. G. Russell deal from decades ago). Trouble with the neck sheath is that it moves around during physical activity and you're never quite sure where to reach for it.

Rosco
    Ya gotta duct tape it your your chest...

Seriously, I never even knew something like that existed for a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post

Velcro.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Some of those pics seem to show the gun pointing at a persons, neck/head/face.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post

Once upon a time a self defense forum imploded over a neck holster...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Some of those pics seem to show the gun pointing at a persons, neck/head/face.
    Yes, but in the case of a Livesay holster for a mini revolver, the cylinder must be rotated so that the hammer is lowered between chambers for the gun to fit in the holster. Not ideal but unquestionably safer than the AIWB carry of ready to fire pistols which is generally regarded as safe here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Are you sure you want that much weight around your neck?!
    I have not used neck carry in quite some time, primarily due to slow speed of access and the annoyance of having something hanging from around my neck.
    I have a Raven for my Kahr 380 that only weighs like 10oz and I do not think I ever wore it out of the house. I doubled up and made paracord wider and still didn't like it, I think a Shield would require something like a camera strap.

Is this a new provisional division in IDPA?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List