Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Act of Valor

Watched it today. I enjoyed it and thought the acting was decent. I wasn't expecting Oscar-quality acting from Seals.

The thing that bothered me most was the out-of-focus scenes. There were lots of them.

Just got back from seeing it. Thoughts were the same as everyone else, so I won't go over that.

But how about some of the trailers?

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter? Really? WTF? Granted I went to a matinee so there were only 15 or so people in the theater, but did everyone else have the entire theater laughing at the end of the trailer?

The Raid. That looks like it might be good....reminded me of OldBoy in some ways.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter? Really? WTF?

It was actually a funny book, IMO. It essentially takes the biography of Abraham Lincoln and adds a vampire spin to all events. It was written by the same author (Seth Grahame-Smith) who wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies , so take it for what it is...

/thread drift

Reading some of the critical comments made regarding this film (not here, but on other websites) and they make me laugh.

One one hand you have people complaining the acting wasn't on par with the likes of George Clooney or Brad Pitt, and on the other you have some lamenting the fact that we're using this film to get the populace riled up for a conflict with Iran.

Is there something being put in the water which turns erstwhile normal people into blithering morons?

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Is there something being put in the water which turns erstwhile normal people into blithering morons?
    there may be but i think its just the internet bringing to attention all the blithering morons that we otherwise wouldnt know were out there.

Quote Originally Posted by zml342 View Post
    It was actually a funny book, IMO. It essentially takes the biography of Abraham Lincoln and adds a vampire spin to all events. It was written by the same author (Seth Grahame-Smith) who wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies , so take it for what it is...

/thread drift
    I'm gonna see it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    All greater philosophical issues aside, I am so used to watching gun handling in movies and thinking "You're Doing It Wrong!" that it was refreshing to see one that made me think "Huh. I'm Doing It Wrong."
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Moron is the new normal.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Moron is the new normal.
    !!! Sig line!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    !!! Sig line!
    It would be slightly less ironic if you spelled my screenname correctly
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List