Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Act of Valor

Site Supporter
    In an interview with I believe the producer he stated that they had to change some of the camera angles so as not to show some weapons as well as changing some maneuvers due to their classified nature.

I thought the action was great and gave viewers an amazing look in to what these heroes do on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I sat there and figured THAT had to have been deliberate "disinformation". The actual method and the visual affect on camera may have triggered way to much mainstream interest.
    I'd agree, but with games like Modern Warfare, and series like Generation Kill, I think the cat is out of the bag.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Just got back from seeing this movie. All-in-all, I thought it was a solid action movie. Some of the writing was a little clunky and most of the acting was solid, if not spectacular. I too liked the quiet menace exuded by the Senior Chief. Don't know if I would have had him fast-rope for an interrogation wearing khakis and a blazer, however I wasn't a big fan of the helmet cam footage...too much Call of Duty for me. This won't go down in history as a great movie...but it was good, solid fun.

Just saw it. Thought it was definitely worth the price of admission. You could hear a pin drop in the theater during pretty much the entire film.

I really enjoyed this one. I was invited to a screening and there was a retired SEAL there who spoke before the film. He said the movie was very accurate aside from the pacing of the missions. He also commented that the boat scene was his favorite, and really brought him back to the days when he used to do do that. He shared a nice fun story about sitting in the Atlantic one night in pitch blackness on a training mission when a sub surfaced between his boat and another. He said he looked over at his buddy with a huge grin and said 'Who gets to do shit like this?'

Very nice guy. I'd have loved to have bought him a beer and listened to some stories, but obviously that wasn't in the works.

Here is a review from a retired SEAL Captain.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Here is a review from a retired SEAL Captain.

That was a good review.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I sat there and figured THAT had to have been deliberate "disinformation". The actual method and the visual affect on camera may have triggered way to much mainstream interest.
    In a pre-screening I attended, one of the producers said the reason for using Red is actually more mundane. While there were a lot of scenes cut for security reasons, the red laser replacement was more of a concession to Hollywood norms. Since the lasers did not show up on the cameras, so they had to go in and add it in post. The producers just decided to go with the red since it is visually more recognizable to most people.

I'm about to see it now. I am seeing it in a DBOX seated theater, should be pretty damn cool. Ticket was $19 with service fee and when purchased online there is a option to donate to the SEAL Foundation, classy IMO.

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Poem at the end:

"Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
    Trouble no one about his religion.
    Respect others in their views and demand that they respect yours.
    Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
    Seek to make your life long and of service to your people.
    Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend,
    or even a stranger, if in a lonely place.
    Show respect to all people, but grovel to none.
    When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light,
    for your life, for your strength.
    Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living.
    If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.
    Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools
    and robs the spirit of its vision.
    When your time comes to die,
    be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death,
    so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time
    to live their lives over again in a different way.
    Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."

--Tecumseh
    I have a version that I carried for years in my wallet. I ripped it out of a Sports Afield magazine when I was a kid. Looking at the advertisements on the back it must have been in 1983.

Shawnees Sage Advice.pdf.

User Tag List