Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SFC Walter Taylor

SFC Walter Taylor

This immediately made me think of Captain Charles McVay, the commander of the USS Indianapolis that the Navy court-martialed for losing his ship in combat.

Kind of unbelievable, but I guess there might be more to the event that this news article isn't showing.

Astounding
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

I find this quote, in particular, very disturbing:

"[Our] main mission is to protect the Afghan people, and ISAF realizes that incidents of this kind damage the confidence of both the Afghan people and the government in ISAF..." - Lt. Col. Jimmie E. Cummings Jr.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

That sickens me. Pull em all out and bring em home.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post

"[Our] main mission is to protect the Afghan people, and ISAF realizes that incidents of this kind damage the confidence of both the Afghan people and the government in ISAF..." - Lt. Col. Jimmie E. Cummings Jr.
    HMMMM interesting. Guess my uneducated assumption that US service men/women and the tax expenses associated with their deployment was to protect US citizens and interests is just wrong.

I agree, bring them home and let the Afghans protect themselves. So long as the Afghans aren't able to project violence out of their region their safety or lack there of is none of my concern. I they project violence outside their borders once again level the shit hole from stem to stern once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlissimo View Post

I'm not sure I understand why you find that particular statement so disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    This immediately made me think of Captain Charles McVay, the commander of the USS Indianapolis that the Navy court-martialed for losing his ship in combat.

Kind of unbelievable, but I guess there might be more to the event that this news article isn't showing.
    I just read up on Captain McVay. Terrible conduct by the Navy. Thank you for mentioning that.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I just read up on Captain McVay. Terrible conduct by the Navy. Thank you for mentioning that.
    When you've fouled up so bad that you need to ask the enemy for help in testifying against your own people to put the S in BAMCIS (Shift the blame), you know you've really fouled up.

Definitely a shameful chapter in American history. I hope this one doesn't turn out similarly shameful because of needing to put the S in BAMCIS due to the failures of our upper level command.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why you find that particular statement so disturbing.
    Maybe "disturbing" isn't the exact right word, but I think it's close.
    I'm not surprised about it, but disturbed that a spokesman would just come right out and say what he said to the press.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    This whole thing just makes me sick.

Can anyone give me a real world example where and when we won a war by winning the "hearts and minds" of our enemy?

The whole concept that you can fight a war without anyone on the sidelines getting hurt is a myth, and if you are not willing to accept that and let your soldiers fight, then you have no business fighting the war in the first place.

User Tag List