Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: PSA: not all PMAGS are created equal

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’ve noticed I can replicate this issue with Gen 2 pmags if I hold them from the bottom and flick my wrist as mentioned earlier but I can’t recall ever seeing this occur with a Gen 2 mag without having caused it purposely. Are the early Gen M3 mags more prone to this problem than the Gen 2s?
    Not as far as I can tell. It’s not a common thing, but happened enough for me to switch from PMags to Lancer AWMs.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Not as far as I can tell. It’s not a common thing, but happened enough for me to switch from PMags to Lancer AWMs.
    Awesome that Magpul replaced your mags. I still haven't reached out to them yet due to travel.

Now that both are viable, any reason you'd use one over the other? (Pmag vs Lancer). The L5AWM seemed slightly harder for me to insert on a closed bolt vs a "fixed" pmag but I really like the translucent body for RnG stuff.

PSA: not all PMAGS are created equal

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Awesome that Magpul replaced your mags. I still haven't reached out to them yet due to travel.

Now that both are viable, any reason you'd use one over the other? (Pmag vs Lancer). The L5AWM seemed slightly harder for me to insert on a closed bolt vs a "fixed" pmag but I really like the translucent body for RnG stuff.
    Yes, that was really nice of them. Magpul has earned my business for sure.

I’ve had PMags get run over by a truck, and still function fine. Lancers are rugged, but not like that. The plastic is more brittle, and the metal feed lips can bend.

Function-wise, I don’t have enough time with the new G3 PMags to say much, but assuming the issue is solved, PMags win for me.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-07-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post

Lancers look cool, and their round count indicator is much easier to use than Magpul’s, but the metal feed lips thing is more of an AKism. PMAGs are superior because even if they take a hit on the feed lips, they will likely flex and then return to their original (proper) dimensions, giving you better reliability. This is IMO, but Magpul has videos to back it up. Plus M3 PMAGs are the only aftermarket mags that have a chance of dropping free in my Noveske lower [emoji19].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    ...Plus M3 PMAGs are the only aftermarket mags that have a chance of dropping free in my Noveske lower [emoji19].
    Do they fit in your Noveske lower? Unless I grind down the overinsertion tabs, G3 PMags won’t insert fully in mine.

Do they fit in your Noveske lower? Unless I grind down the overinsertion tabs, G3 PMags won’t insert fully in mine.
    I assume you have an older Gen II lower? The earlier models of the Gen II had that problem. They fixed it at some point, not sure if anyone nailed down the SN range where the change took place or not. Mine is a Gen I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received a box-o-Pmags from Magpul. The new ones. The design appears to prevent the 2nd round override. I can still pry up a round by hand, but it is much more difficult. I'm looking forward to trying these out. It will be great to use PMags again. What other mag can you run over with a truck and it’s still good to go?

MAGPUL: BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I love you guys.

So they didn't replace your Gen M2 mags with M3? Do the new M2 mags have the same changes?
    Last edited by Talking Monkey; 10-12-2018 at 09:34 AM.

The new M2s don’t prevent the problem. For some reason, my new ones are better though.

Just read this whole thread and now y'all are making me check all my M3 PMags LOL

Amazing customer service, further reinforces why I buy Magpul gear for everything I own that I can (furniture, slings, connections, sights) -

To the gent who got his "defective" mags replaced, did you just slap the old ones in a box and send to Magpul?

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Just read this whole thread and now y'all are making me check all my M3 PMags LOL

Amazing customer service, further reinforces why I buy Magpul gear for everything I own that I can (furniture, slings, connections, sights) -

To the gent who got his "defective" mags replaced, did you just slap the old ones in a box and send to Magpul?
    Not exactly. I contacted them via their customer service form, and explained what was going on.

User Tag List