Thread: Smith and Wesson Revolver Armorer

Smith and Wesson Revolver Armorer

Has anyone attended the Smith and Wesson Revolver Armorer course? If so, would you recommend it? I enjoy shooting revolvers, want to own more revolvers yet know next to nothing when it comes to working on revolvers...aside from installing some Apex springs in a 637.

I’ve been to the Glock and Colt M16 courses numerous times (thanks for a fun few days, Wayne!) as well as the Sig 1911 AC. The S&W website says they cover the fitting of parts, which is what I’d like to learn, although I know that’s starting to leave the armorer level and approaching gunsmith territory. Not a bad thing but I wonder how much they can fit into two days. In short, is this worth the $550 plus motel?

https://www.smith-wesson.com/safety/...volver-armorer

Site Supporter
    Though I haven't attended, I know many others who have done so over the years. All spoke highly of this class.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Though I haven't attended, I know many others who have done so over the years. All spoke highly of this class.
    That’s all I needed to hear, thanks!

I attended 2 week armorers school at the factory in 1979. One of the best experiences of my LEO time. I still use what I learned as many LEO carry revolvers for off duty and back up and few departments have a staff revolver armorer anymore.
    The avatar is a rack of revolvers built by previous classes, critiqued by instructors with notes of what had to be corrected attached to each gun.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I wish they'd put their own employees through it before having them build guns.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List