Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manix 2 VS PM2

Manix 2 VS PM2

Trying to choose between the Manix 2 S30V or the PM2. I would appreciate some input from guys that have handled both. Comparison pictures would be great. This will be an EDC knife. I like the compression lock but the have no experience with the ball bearing lock. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 09-07-2018 at 09:17 PM.

I like the Manix 2. I like the grip better. I think of the PM2 more of a slicing tool. Both are good. I think it's more of a preference choice between the two. The locks are good on both. I don't have a PM2 anymore.
    Last edited by DamonL; 09-07-2018 at 09:31 PM.

I’ve owned both and I only have a pm2 now. The pm2 is a big knife that doesn’t carry like a big knife. The manix 2 is a big knife that carries like a big knife. It’s a big space eater in the pocket compared to the pm2. The only perk the manix 2 has over the pm2 is that it comes in a lightweight version. I also prefer the compression lock. But honestly the size of the folded manix was just too much for my taste.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

The Manix just felt too big to be an EDC for me. Both great knives, but the PM2 carries better. As noted above, they are both a little heavy, but the PM2 doesn’t feel as large or as heavy to me when carried in my pocket.

I carry a Manix 2 lightweight in S110V around the house / yard all the time. The standard M2 is too bulky and heavy.

That said, I was never a fan of the PM2, it just feels too delicate although I know it’s not. The PM3 is a tad smaller and seems like a better balance to me.

The ball lock is solid and easy to release.

Here’s a Manix 2 LW, PM2 and a Hinderer XM 18 3” which I carry often.

Name:  82D45DD1-0E0B-474F-A5CF-FB96A9F1E73E.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  101.3 KB

I like the PM2 better. And the Yojimbo even more.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

^^^It's definitely more fun to say.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I was thinking about he Yojimbo too. The PM2 seems like more of an edc knife were the YO2 is more of a dedicated self defense knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

@Clusterfrack now you got me considering a YO2. I already carry a China pick, so looking for an edc and back up to the pick. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    @Clusterfrack now you got me considering a YO2. I already carry a China pick, so looking for an edc and back up to the pick. What do you think?
    I like the Yojimbo a lot, and often carry it in my left pocket instead of a Clinch Pick. It's not a hard-use knife, due to the very long thin tip. It also isn't what people expect to see when you take out a knife to cut stuff. I'd recommend a PM2 as an EDC if you're going to use it hard.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List