Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Stack 9

Single Stack 9

My wife wants a new single stack 9, that she can carry in a Crossbreed belly band. Since this will be AIWB, she (and I) would like the gun to have a manual safety. The Sig 938 is on her radar, and I have held a Walther CCP, but it’s been a few months; anyone here have a CCP M2?

I really like the PPS M2, but no thumb safety...the Shield impressed her, but that thumb safety is too low profile for me...she doesn’t seem to think it’s an issue, but in an oh shit moment, I’m worried that she may ‘think’ she has disengaged it, and not. I just wish it was a little more pronounced.

Kahr has the P9 with a thumb safety, are these guns generally considered reliable?

Thanks.

I would say the best choice in that range is a Dan Wesson CCO, followed by a Glock 43 with an SCD.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Sig66 View Post
    My wife wants a new single stack 9, that she can carry in a Crossbreed belly band. Since this will be AIWB, she (and I) would like the gun to have a manual safety. The Sig 938 is on her radar, and I have held a Walther CCP, but it’s been a few months; anyone here have a CCP M2?

I really like the PPS M2, but no thumb safety...the Shield impressed her, but that thumb safety is too low profile for me...she doesn’t seem to think it’s an issue, but in an oh shit moment, I’m worried that she may ‘think’ she has disengaged it, and not. I just wish it was a little more pronounced.

Kahr has the P9 with a thumb safety, are these guns generally considered reliable?

Thanks.
    What does she use now?

She has an M11 A-1 now, and although she really likes the DA, it’s just too heavy for the belly band, and hasn’t been carrying it, but keeps one in her car. She said if she had something like the Shield/PPS, that she’d be carrying way more.

I've been perfectly happy with my Kahrs, CW9 and CM9. If she's had good experience with a Smith snub I would recommend the Kahr(s). Think of the CW9 as a 8 or 9 shot J frame with a 8 round reload in 3.0 seconds and usable sights and a 6 pound smooth as glass trigger.

That is the beauty of the Kahr. I started carrying revolvers (Smith Model 15s) for Uncle Sam in 1965, still have a few laying about, no J frames, anymore. I carry a Kahr and the 9s have been flawless in over 1,500 rounds. The CM45 one glitch fixed at the factory and the CW45 has been flawless for the past five years.

CW9 for the win, no safeties good sights that mimic the Sig and shoots 9mm very accurately. Weighs less than 20ozs loaded and less than an inch thick,

$300, and some change, at your local Kahr shop.

She has an M11 A-1 now, and although she really likes the DA, it’s just too heavy for the belly band, and hasn’t been carrying it, but keeps one in her car. She said if she had something like the Shield/PPS, that she’d be carrying way more.
    If it has to have a usable safety lever, I think your choices in a single stack 9mm will be somewhat limited.

Yes, they are! The CCP seems to be the ticket, feature wise, but I’m trying to decide if it’s been proven reliable, to consider it good to go?

The shield would be perfect if it had a usable safety. I have never understood why the made it so low profile. I had hoped someone would have come out with an aftermarket lever.

Yes, they are! The CCP seems to be the ticket, feature wise, but I’m trying to decide if it’s been proven reliable, to consider it good to go?
    You might check out the Ruger offerings.

The SR9c looks interesting...

User Tag List