Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Single Stack 9

Quote Originally Posted by Sig66 View Post
    Good to know. The thing is, she’s wanting a lighter gun, yet one that still has decent capacity. That, is where it gets tricky! She has small, but very strong hands, so as long as she can reach the trigger ok on the M&P 9c, I think she will just have to deal with the 24oz weight, which isn’t much, considering it’ll give her 12+1...sounds great on paper, now I have to sell her on it!

Or...give up capacity, and go with a Kahr P9 w/thumb safety, Sig 938, or Walther CCP...we shall see.
    Unfortunately smaller, lighter and higher capacity don't always go together. Then there's the problem of shoot-ability; light weight smaller guns being great for carrying around...not so great when you need it in an emergency but because it was so unpleasant to shoot...you rarely practiced with it. Sometimes it's tuff to find a workable solution.
    Last edited by Redhat; 09-08-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Yes, I agree. Having shot a Sig 226/229 and 1911’s for the last 2.5 yrs, she finally got to shoot my friends brand new G43, and she shot pretty well with it. It was a big change in size, but with practice, I’m sure she’d be accurate with it, to feel safe carrying it, but with no t/s, she’s not open to that idea, neither am I.
    So, we’re looking for that ‘in between’ a G43 and a 229, and lighter.

Site Supporter
    If she spots the M11A1 well, maybe the answer is a better belly band rather than a smaller gun.

Despite their claims of “first on the market” the crossbreed is simply a knock off of the Keepers Flex

http://keepersconcealment.com/produc...-7866a5ff-1979

Another good option is the Unity Tactical Cluch

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....al-clutch-belt

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If she spots the M11A1 well, maybe the answer is a better belly band rather than a smaller gun.

Despite their claims of “first on the market” the crossbreed is simply a knock off of the Keepers Flex

http://keepersconcealment.com/produc...-7866a5ff-1979

Another good option is the Unity Tactical Cluch

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....al-clutch-belt
    I wasn’t aware of either of these, thanks!!

Well, I sold her on the higher capacity M&P 9c, she will go hold one tomorrow, just to be sure it’s a good fit, which I’m sure it will be.

Name:  6F8AF26B-95C6-4697-9BDC-D8C0EA502A1E.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  34.3 KB

Well, I sold her on the higher capacity M&P 9c, she will go hold one tomorrow, just to be sure it’s a good fit, which I’m sure it will be.

Name:  6F8AF26B-95C6-4697-9BDC-D8C0EA502A1E.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  34.3 KB
    Along those lines, if the m&p9c is a tad too much for her grip, maybe check out a P30sk with safety? Still a double stack, but with the small panels/back strap installed it may be a little smaller grip than the m&p. I'm not sure on that, just spitballing. My gf has small hands and likes the P30sk quite a bit.

Ironically, that was one that she held last week, but said it was too heavy. I explained to her that you can’t have both high capacity and lite weight, together, that you have to choose which one you want more, or less of. IMO, the 9c has the best compromise of the two, and gives her the safety she wants. If the Shield had a t/s like the 9c, I would have felt fine with her getting it, but that tiny thing is crap!

A local range has a 9c for sale, so she will go look at it Monday, and hit another range if that goes well, so that she can shoot one.

The P30sk could still be an option, after I convinced her that it’s really not a heavy gun. We dry fired a LEM, and a DA/SA, and she didn’t like one of them, just don’t remember which.

It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Thanks for the comments.

You could have a gunsmith weld on a decent ledge on the Shield's safety.
    Last edited by Gewehr3; 09-08-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Ironically, that was one that she held last week, but said it was too heavy. I explained to her that you can’t have both high capacity and lite weight, together, that you have to choose which one you want more, or less of. IMO, the 9c has the best compromise of the two, and gives her the safety she wants. If the Shield had a t/s like the 9c, I would have felt fine with her getting it, but that tiny thing is crap!

A local range has a 9c for sale, so she will go look at it Monday, and hit another range if that goes well, so that she can shoot one.

The P30sk could still be an option, after I convinced her that it’s really not a heavy gun. We dry fired a LEM, and a DA/SA, and she didn’t like one of them, just don’t remember which.

It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out.

Thanks for the comments.
    The P30sk does have a bit of weight for its size, but I love the feel of it personally. The LEM is a great trigger system, and my guess is she'd like it more than the DA/SA version.....but have either of you handled the safety version? You can run it cocked and locked. I haven't shot that version yet, but just in handling it the safety feels good to me, and I like how it puts my thumb up where I like it. I THINK that would also help keep my thumb from accidentally hitting the slide release and keeping it from not locking back on empty.

Site Supporter
    Smith 3913/3914. Decocker with a manual safety. 8 rounds. Nice and thin. Good trigger. Proven reliable.

Not sure how you feel about cocked and locked carry AIWB (e.g., 938) but something like this would help you avoid it.

Plus... you can get the Lady Smith version:

Last edited by MattyD380; 09-08-2018 at 10:50 PM.

User Tag List