Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Single Stack 9

Quote Originally Posted by Sig66 View Post
    Weight...I know, not much. Her M11 fully loaded is 29oz empty, and 33oz full. The P30 is 24oz empty, so I’m not sure how much the 11 rounds will add?

It’s been a learning process for her, but if a lighter gun that she’s comfy with, will mean that she carries it, then that’s a win.
    ...and the belly band holster combo from Crossbreed is compatible with the P30sk, but not the M11, so for her, the carry rig had a very strong influence on what gun she went with. Luckily, she liked the feel of the HK, and it being DA was just a no brainer.
    That's cool, hope she loves it. Keep in mind, if she likes the gun but feels the DA pull is too heavy/long for her, there are several different spring swaps that can be done that are discussed quite a bit in various threads here that should make it easier. And then the LEM is even easier. I don't know if she has hand strength issues, I'm only bringing it up because as I mentioned my gf also has small hands, but also is pretty weak with them so she has some limiting in factors in what guns she can operate. Look forward to the review. Oh, and if you weren't already aware, there are 13 and 15 round magazines available made specifically to fit the P30sk and vp9sk. Good option if she wants it also as a bedside/house gun when she gets home from carrying it, she can swap out to a higher capacity magazine since she won't be concerned with carrying the weight at home.

She has very strong grip from lifting, so finger strength isn’t an issue. Yes, I saw the 13/15 round mags, and depending on how the trigger feels, we may go that route, with the springs, or maybe send off to Robert Burke for an action job.

Thanks for the tip on the springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I am a fan. I have a 3913 and 3953 (DAO version), and 4516-1. Had a 3913LS as well. All are great guns, but not in current production.
    Big 3913 fan here, too - I bought the first one that showed up at my local dealer. I always wanted the NL version, and a 3953 but they never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig66 View Post
    The SR9c looks interesting...
    My ex-wife had an SR9c. We couldn't make it jam.

But I think, if you factored in the ease of use, and the presence of the striker extension's use as a Gadget, she might be well served with a PPS.

But then, I'm an unashamed Walther fan.

She went down and held the HK’s again, both LEM & DA/SA. The LEM was a used gun, and the DA/SA was new. She liked the feel of the LEM, and looked at it as being the same as a DA/SA, which isn’t too far off. The more I read about it, the more interesting it gets. We both have been shooting TDA Sigs for the last 2.5 yrs exclusively, so the attributes of both trigger systems has merit, it’s just tough to decide if I the LEM would be better for her? After everything I’ve read, it may simply be a matter of different, but not necessarily better?

Any comments to sway me one direction or the other are welcome.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Do a deep dive on P30 LEM trigger options. The "Todd Green variant" is said to be more like a DA, so she may like that.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Well, we discussed it, and decided to get the LEM trigger. It’ll be in layaway for 4-6 weeks, but I’ll report back after our initial range visit.

Update: The gun is in layaway, and since I've bought several guns from them and have developed a relationship with them, they allowed us to shoot the gun, even though it's not paid off, which was very cool of them. I had bought one of the HK 13 round mags with and brought it with us. My wife shot both mags but didn't like the 13r mag, and shot better with the 10r w/extension. She said the recoil was fine, and likes the trigger, and "loves it" in general. She was the one who picked the LEM over the DA/SA, so I'm glad she ended up liking it.

As far as the characteristics of the LEM itself, after everything I've read in the last few weeks, my first impression is that it's not that big of a deal. But, keep in mind we've both been shooting P-Series Sigs consistently for the last 2.5 yrs, so the only thing to adjust to was the super lite pre travel, prior to hitting the wall. Pulling through the wall, to the break is VERY smooth, with NO sign of grittiness, it's just smooth movement, and BANG! One of the very best factory triggers I've felt, and that's how a gun should come from the factory. I really believe that all of the time and effort we put into being proficient with our Sig TDA's has really paid off in the long run, as it makes any other trigger seem easy.

Having big hands, I was pleased with how it shot, considering it's a sub-compact. I didn't notice anything about it so far that I didn't like. It's not my gun, but that's even better, in case I want to carry it. I've held most of the poly guns (Canik, S&W, CZ, FN, Glock, Kahr, Walther, etc.) and I've liked a few of those, the Walther PPS M2 being at the top of the list, but the VP & P30 really stood out to me with the ergos and build quality, so I think we made a great choice.

She still shoots her 229/M11 A-1 very well, and is comfy with it, which is great, and the triggers are close enough that she'd be fine picking up either, but will now focus solely on the HK, since it will be her carry gun once we run 500 HST through it, along with a few hundred FMJ.

All that to say, we're both very impressed so far! We ran 150r through it today, with no issues, and looking forward to more.

User Tag List