Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Different Glock GEN5 Ejectors for 17 and 34.5/19X...

  1. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Walker,La.
    Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Could I ask a favor of someone..?

    Could someone check and see if when inserting a loaded magazine into the frame(without slide) that the rounds contacts the ejector on a 19x/26/34? I donít have other gen 5 guns to compare.

    It seems that my 19x ejector makes contact with the top round differently and earlier then previous generation guns.
    All Gen 5 Glocks.

    Appears to be same light contact on ejector near forward end on six new Glocks G26/G19/ G19X/G19X/G17/G34.

  2. #12
    Thanks JBP55!

  3. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Parts Unknow
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I have no idea, but @PensFan might be able to shed some light.

    If I get a chance Iíll pull apart some guns this weekend and see what I can see.
    Functionally the Gen5 trigger is the same as the 19X. Same trigger housing, connector, trigger spring assembly, trigger bar. Different spring cups and ejector. And the G19X ejector is also standard in the Gen5 26 and 34.

    My experience is that the consistency of trigger pull has improved a lot over the years. Tighter tolerances among parts. Improved coatings, etc.

    CDFlll thanks for the chuckle.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Site Supporter JHC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    Functionally the Gen5 trigger is the same as the 19X. Same trigger housing, connector, trigger spring assembly, trigger bar. Different spring cups and ejector. And the G19X ejector is also standard in the Gen5 26 and 34.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Super interesting. Any idea why those 3 models would warrant a different ejector? As in a functional reason in those or maybe just those 3 models got heavily tested with that one so leave it at that?

    Does the G45 share that ejector with the 19X?
    Last edited by JHC; 10-04-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    "I realized all the mindset talk was useless without action and that with action, all the mindset talk was unnecessary." - Mike Pannone

  5. #15
    There was a thread, on ARFcom of all places, where a poster tested 3 or 4 different ejectors. This included the newest iteration. His conclusion was that the newest version gave him closer to 90 degree ejection, more uniform, and with no BTF. I believe this thread was early last summer.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Parts Unknow
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Super interesting. Any idea why those 3 models would warrant a different ejector? As in a functional reason in those or maybe just those 3 models got heavily tested with that one so leave it at that?

    Does the G45 share that ejector with the 19X?
    Same ejector.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Walker,La.
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    There was a thread, on ARFcom of all places, where a poster tested 3 or 4 different ejectors. This included the newest iteration. His conclusion was that the newest version gave him closer to 90 degree ejection, more uniform, and with no BTF. I believe this thread was early last summer.
    If it was on a new G45 or G19MOS it may have been due to the design change to the breech face on the latest Gen 5 Glocks which appears to hold the case better than the older designs.

  8. #18
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Just picked up a Gen 5 17 MOS. it has the 47021 ejector.

  9. #19
    I put the G19x trigger housing/ejector assy p/n 47208 in an otherwise stock G17G5. I just function tested it including 1911 no magazine testing. I used 147 HST and 115 Sellier & Bellot brass range ammo (asked for the weakest).

    Doing 1911 test (no magazine firing) I tried everything from normal shooting to two finger limp grip WHO with both rounds and could not create a stoppage or (fall out the) magwell ejection. Also, magazines with the two rounds randomly interleaved fed and functioned normally. Ejection was straight out the side and the angle didn't change noticeably with different grip strengths, just the ejection distance. Weak WHO ejection was still at least 3 feet.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Parts Unknow
    Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Doing 1911 test.


    Why is this even a thing?

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TLG 1970–2016 RIPRampageForTheCure.org