Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Different Glock GEN5 Ejectors for 17 and 34.5/19X...

Different Glock GEN5 Ejectors for 17 and 34.5/19X...

Just discovered that my 17.5 and 34.5 have different ejectors. Researching further, discovered different part numbers for the trigger housing/ejector for the G17/19 (47208) and the G19X/26/34.5 (33854). Apparently the G17 comes with the 30274 ejector, and the 19X/26/34 with the 47021 ejector. This was surprising to me, considering the 17/19X/34 share a (mostly) common frame, and Glock's usual desire to use common parts.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 09-07-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

The last Glock rep I spoke to about this looked at me like I was smoking something. I literally had to break some guns down and prove to them the parts are different numbers. Never did hear anything back from them. My guess is the change in parts on the 19X is what makes the triggers feel better than Gen. 5 19/17's?

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    The last Glock rep I spoke to about this looked at me like I was smoking something. I literally had to break some guns down and prove to them the parts are different numbers. Never did hear anything back from them. My guess is the change in parts on the 19X is what makes the triggers feel better than Gen. 5 19/17's?
    Could you tell they were different just by looking? If so, how?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Could you tell they were different just by looking? If so, how?
    Only reason I knew was by comparing part numbers from my personally owned 19/17 and 19X pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Only reason I knew was by comparing part numbers from my personally owned 19/17 and 19X pistols.
    That's interesting. Wonder what makes them different?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    That's interesting. Wonder what makes them different?
    Not sure.. My guess is that most Glock employees probably are unaware there are any parts differences. The 19X also has maritime spring cups as well. Hopefully someone with greater Glock knowledge than myself will come along and have an answer. Possibly @Tom_Jones or @GJM have more info?
    Last edited by CDFIII; 09-07-2018 at 08:06 PM.

I seem to recall there was early speculation that the 19X would come with the coated internals (trigger bar, connector) of the MHS submission and the 17M/19M, but I don't believe that is the case with the commercial guns The ejector shouldn't affect trigger pull. That said, I've found Glocks of all generations, including Ms and GEN5s, can have a range of trigger pulls. I've shot GEN5 guns with great triggers and M guns with mediocre triggers, and vice versa. I think M/GEN5 is better and more consistent than previous Glock generations (certainly a marked improvement over the GEN4), but my 17.5 with a dot connector seems to have a smoother and lighter pull than my 34.5 with a '-' connector. Go figure.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 09-07-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

It must not be a complete secret, as JohnnyGlocks triggers lists different model for the G5 17/19 vs G5 26/19X/34.

https://johnnyglocks.com/products/jo...dc-trigger-kit
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Could I ask a favor of someone..?

Could someone check and see if when inserting a loaded magazine into the frame(without slide) that the rounds contacts the ejector on a 19x/26/34? I don’t have other gen 5 guns to compare.

It seems that my 19x ejector makes contact with the top round differently and earlier then previous generation guns.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Could I ask a favor of someone..?

Could someone check and see if when inserting a loaded magazine into the frame(without slide) that the rounds contacts the ejector on a 19x/26/34? I don’t have other gen 5 guns to compare.

It seems that my 19x ejector makes contact with the top round differently and earlier then previous generation guns.
    All Gen 5 Glocks.

Appears to be same light contact on ejector near forward end on six new Glocks G26/G19/ G19X/G19X/G17/G34.

User Tag List