Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different Glock GEN5 Ejectors for 17 and 34.5/19X...

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Could I ask a favor of someone..?

Could someone check and see if when inserting a loaded magazine into the frame(without slide) that the rounds contacts the ejector on a 19x/26/34? I donít have other gen 5 guns to compare.

It seems that my 19x ejector makes contact with the top round differently and earlier then previous generation guns.
    All Gen 5 Glocks.

Appears to be same light contact on ejector near forward end on six new Glocks G26/G19/ G19X/G19X/G17/G34.

Thanks JBP55!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I have no idea, but @PensFan might be able to shed some light.

If I get a chance Iíll pull apart some guns this weekend and see what I can see.
    Functionally the Gen5 trigger is the same as the 19X. Same trigger housing, connector, trigger spring assembly, trigger bar. Different spring cups and ejector. And the G19X ejector is also standard in the Gen5 26 and 34.

My experience is that the consistency of trigger pull has improved a lot over the years. Tighter tolerances among parts. Improved coatings, etc.

CDFlll thanks for the chuckle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    Functionally the Gen5 trigger is the same as the 19X. Same trigger housing, connector, trigger spring assembly, trigger bar. Different spring cups and ejector. And the G19X ejector is also standard in the Gen5 26 and 34.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Super interesting. Any idea why those 3 models would warrant a different ejector? As in a functional reason in those or maybe just those 3 models got heavily tested with that one so leave it at that?

Does the G45 share that ejector with the 19X?
    Last edited by JHC; 10-04-2018 at 08:08 AM.
    "I realized all the mindset talk was useless without action and that with action, all the mindset talk was unnecessary." - Mike Pannone

There was a thread, on ARFcom of all places, where a poster tested 3 or 4 different ejectors. This included the newest iteration. His conclusion was that the newest version gave him closer to 90 degree ejection, more uniform, and with no BTF. I believe this thread was early last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Super interesting. Any idea why those 3 models would warrant a different ejector? As in a functional reason in those or maybe just those 3 models got heavily tested with that one so leave it at that?

Does the G45 share that ejector with the 19X?
    Same ejector.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    There was a thread, on ARFcom of all places, where a poster tested 3 or 4 different ejectors. This included the newest iteration. His conclusion was that the newest version gave him closer to 90 degree ejection, more uniform, and with no BTF. I believe this thread was early last summer.
    If it was on a new G45 or G19MOS it may have been due to the design change to the breech face on the latest Gen 5 Glocks which appears to hold the case better than the older designs.

User Tag List