Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 - GTG?

P320 - GTG?

Are the drop safety issues resolved with the newer models or do you still have to send it in? Also, the service life of parts seems low compared to similar pistols, can anyone speak on maintenance schedule/longevity of replacement parts?

Hammertime
    It may be good to go, but I am puzzled why anyone would bother given the multitude of great competing pistol options out there.

I am a Sig armorer for that model but don't have the manual with me at the moment. PM me and I will get you the maintenance intervals. If I remember right, the RSA was a 20K replacement but I'll confirm that when I get home. I'm wanting to say that the sub compact was more frequent than that though.

I have about 2k rounds through mine and it's been fine. I service about 36 copies now (church security team) and we have had some issues but most have been minor in nature. There is only one or two other guys on the team that shoot more than most people and they haven't had any issues. All copies have been reliable with FMJ ammunition and mine has had some Gold dot, Golden Sabres, and HSTs ran through it.

I don't carry mine much but I do shoot it often. The bore axis: it's just too much pistol for what it is and I am partial to Glocks. Plus, I get Glocks a whole lot cheaper.

Some of ours have had to have parts replaced.....one wouldn't field strip without a pull of the trigger. One had a bad extractor......some others were assembled quite well......others had issues that were resolved on the armor level. One was missing a tiny spring.

So you can decide for yourself if they are good to go. Sig has good CS from what I hear........they aren't really known for their ethics in the way they handled "Drop-gate" and their reputation with Cohen at the wheel......well......I won't go into all that.

The modularity aspect of it? Well, when a conversion kit costs me the same or more than a whole pistol.......that kind of loses it's appeal for me. Magazines are somewhere in the neighborhood of mid 30s range.

It's a decent pistol. I much prefer Glock and M&P 2.0 to it though.

Regards.
    Last edited by lwt16; 09-07-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Striker fired pistol = Glock unless you are paid to shoot something else. IMHO

Good to go as far as I know. There is difference in triggers from gun to gun so I would have to be able to at least dry fire it before I bought it. Same with guns coming back from the upgrade. The last one I got back would make a rolling trigger person very happy.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Here's my single data point on a new, upgraded P320 RX (TLDR: Multiple issues, possibly remedied):

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....long-rant-ish)

I've only put 400 more rounds on it without incident. I hope it keeps working because I enjoy shooting it, but the moment Glock produces a factory RDS-equipped gun, I will be selling my P320 RX.

Reading the above link reminded me of the model that had a Romeo 1 sight and suppressor height sights and the rear could be pushed left or right with a finger.

I had to shim that sight after my recommendation to replace it or send it back to Sig fell on the owner's deaf ears. I then recommended an extensive testing session to ensure that when the slide heated up, the rear sight didn't drift. Again, fell on deaf ears as he didn't want to spend the coin on the ammo.

"I'll just use the Romeo dot".

Okay, whatever.

Some got the X-Carry model and the older gen one mags (that say Sig Sauer) on the bottom wouldn't work due to the mag baseplate ears being too thick. The second gen mags with the square catch and the word "Sig" would work and seemed to be better magazines.

So there's that.

The Romeo was popular with the guys........since their skills needed work.........but as to the durability of said Romeos.......I have seen the A. Cowan testing on the tube as well. I'd watch that if you are thinking RDS.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Some got the X-Carry model and the older gen one mags (that say Sig Sauer) on the bottom wouldn't work due to the mag baseplate ears being too thick. The second gen mags with the square catch and the word "Sig" would work and seemed to be better magazines.
    Yup the, as you say, "Gen 1" magazines have thicker ears, say "SIG SAUER" on the bottom and are stamped "Made in USA". These are the Check Mate mags I had trouble with. The "Gen 2" Mec-Gar mags have the circle SIG logo and are stamped "Made in Italy". No trouble with these. Maybe this will help people find the Mec-Gar magazines:

Name:  20180907_151402.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  97.6 KB

Left: Check Mate (bad), Right: Mec-Gar (good)

Thanks for all of the replies. Yeah I’m partial to Glock as well (beat up Gen 3 w/ Hackathorn sights). I have no reason to switch what I carry as I’m comfortable and fairly competent with it. My 25 yard bullseye skills leave much to be desired and it’s a skill I’m working on perfecting. I’m not consistent. I’m always curious about other models in the same size/caliber range. I know it’s fundamemtals that I’m struggling with, misses are largely high and right (I’m a right handed shooter), which other shooters more competent than myself have told me it’s either a sight picture issue or a flinch/pre-ignition push. I’ve shot the 320 well in the past, sold mine off when the controvery started but I was able to constantly keep a magazine within an 8 inch circle at 25. Bore axis was a little high for my taste but I really want to dial in my 25 yard skills (3x5 or B8 repair). Looking for any advantage I can get. I’m sure the answer is.. PRACTICE.

Pics are cool. Yeah, just like that above.

If I remember correctly, we got the better Gen 2 mags from Quantico Tactical......but they have changed names now.......can't remember what they are called now.

If this is just for informal BE at 25, and you want a new Sig, I did find that the X5 was a tight shooting Sig. The one I shot was set up with a thin FO front and the factory rears. Dawsons maybe?

I can mid 90s my 320 Carry model.
    Last edited by lwt16; 09-07-2018 at 03:27 PM.

User Tag List