Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: P320 - GTG?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

You were only off by 71 years!

Attachment 30179
    OOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by KhanRad View Post
    I first started seeing P320 trickle into Federal services in 2015 when a few NCIS guys started carrying them. At the Federal training center in Artesia, we saw a lot of guns go tits-up in the hot, dusty environment. I don't think there was a firearm model that didn't have some kind of problem at some point on the ranges out there if they were run hard enough. I saw maybe a couple of dozen P320s out there, and now we have a lot of them in DOI. All in all, I haven't seen many if any problems with them. The gun does keep evolving and improving which is a GOOD thing.
    I went through FITP @ Artesia and had issues with my (previously flawless) issued Glock. I felt (and still do) that the issue was that each class' guns stayed together, slide locked open and muzzle down.....I don't know if the armory was climate-controlled or not....and only cleaned as a class every few days. A number of us students were "gun guys", but were "tired of shooting" going into the 2nd week.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Another possibility is that there was so little lubrication on the triggerbar and connector interfacing surfaces that that alone could induce issues. At least annually I do a detailed disassembly on all of my Glocks and put a small dab off Lucas Red "N" Tacky #2 grease or TW25B on those surfaces.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    ... Oddly enough, my favorite is the sub-compact with a hard to find medium grip module. I shoot it better than a G19 I carried for years.
    Same here. There seems to be something oddly magical about the subcompact slide assembly vs the compact.

C.W. Clark,

IMHO the drop safe issue has been resolved. The newer models are produced with the "upgrade" or what some may call the recall modifications. It is very easy to see from the "upgraded triggers" which are much thinner and weigh less than the original triggers. You can also remove the slide to observe the internal modifications. However, you can always verify the status of your P320 by contacting Sig's Customer Service and give them the P320's info.
    Some folks in this post used the opportunity to bash Sig. IMHO, with an excess of 100,000 handguns to be "voluntarily upgraded", Sig Sauer did a good job on its "upgrade program" [the cases involving the injured individuals is a completely separate issue]. Many folks will criticize the Sig, but unfortunately this is not an isolated incident involving a new product line be it motor vehicles, firearms etc., etc.. Critics will also referred to Glocks outstanding reputation for reliability which is indeed a fact. However, if you go back thirty years or so, (and I do recall) when BostonPD and later NYPD moved from 38 caliber revolves to the Glock's semi-automatics, some Glocks had a problem and were automatically shooting two or three rounds. Nothing is perfect. And with respect to the reliability of Sig's P320, that issue cannot be determined until the P320 has been used for a period exceeding five or more years.
    As for the maintenance schedule, (when all else fails read the manual ) contact customer service try not to rely solely upon what you read on the web. Nevertheless, you may want to replace recoil springs of compact/subcompact at 5K, full size 10K, take down, extract, extract spring, striker assembly, take down lever 20K rounds, slide catch lever, spring 10K rounds.
    Now, there are many excellent handguns to select with various pros and cons from each manufacturer. There is no best semi automatic handgun, we all have different size fingers and hands and sight differences. What works for a person who is 5'6 probably won't work for a 6'6" person and visa versa. It is what works for YOU! I'm no expert but the P320 works very well for me. Due to the finger groves and the way the finger groves interfered with my handgrip on the pistol I did not like the Glock models - now Glock does not have finger groves on their Gen5 models. HKs, Glocks, Walthers and Sigs aren't the only manufacturers of handguns out there. Handle and shoot as many models as you can. Determine how they feel in your hand and how you shot with each gun. Then and only then decide what model you should buy.

User Tag List