Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Age begins.....

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’ve put enough rounds and time on my Wilson 92BT and a 92C to realize I don’t shoot them as well as I do my 226/239 combo. The trigger breaking point is one reason. The 226 is the gun I shoot best across the board with speed and accuracy. My Wilson BT has a LTT TJIB and my 226 has a GrayGun duty tune, so I think it’s a pretty fair comparison. The 92s are in the safe now for good except as playthings.

I’ve tried to love the 228 but I get jump thumb (like Glock knuckle but different) when pushing speed from the holster. This is why in days past I preferred the 225 over the 228, despite the size and capacity issues. It’s why I now prefer the 239 over the 228 or 229.

I spent some of last week working with the 228 again. I’m going to order a set of factory grips and sand that F-ing hump off to make it more 226ish and give that a try.
    The SAO trigger on my P226 Legion is comparable to anything on my 9mm Wilson CQB Elite or Colt Combat Unit. Despite the criticism of Sig as of late, that P226 is far more reliable than either of those 2 guns.

I’d swore off new handguns last year, but the soon to be released SAO P229 Legion has the potential to be amazing.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    If you mean the excessive general curvature of the "back strap," these might be worth looking into:

Attachment 31655

Hogue G10 checkered are my favorite grips for any classic Sig I've tried them on. More comments here.

Interesting to see you hanging up the Berettas. Last I remember, unless I'm confused by the tiredness at this hour, you were very enthusiastic about them.
    I love the Hogue G10s on my 226 for sure. The 229 has a much larger hump on the left grip panel under the slide lock lever than the 226. That’s the area I don’t care for and need to reduce. Do you know if the 229 G10s are smaller in this area?

Yes, I was really enjoying the Berettas but results over time have pushed me back into the SIG world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The SAO trigger on my P226 Legion is comparable to anything on my 9mm Wilson CQB Elite or Colt Combat Unit. Despite the criticism of Sig as of late, that P226 is far more reliable than either of those 2 guns.

I’d swore off new handguns last year, but the soon to be released SAO P229 Legion has the potential to be amazing.
    I handled a Legion 226 SAO and it was pretty amaizing! The only reason I don’t own one is lack of a smaller SAO option. If the 229 SAO is as well designed as the 226, I will own both.

I’ve been contemplating the Wilson CQB (.45 if I do) and the EDC X9 but was holding off to see the 229 SAO. I think I remember you have a EDC X9?

Is the 229SAO out in the wild yet?

cc

I think what we're seeing is the tension between inexpensive, mass-produced pistols and more expensive, refined offerings. Most shooters don't shoot any better with a stock trigger than an LTT offering. It makes no sense for manufacturers to build in a level of performance that the average buyer can't extract.

What you're left with is a platform with a huge potential that can be exploited by a knowledgeable person. Whether it's a Beretta, Glock, or Sig, the judicious application of a few upgraded components can really improve the shooting/carrying characteristics of the piece. I took HG2 at Thunder Ranch with a Teddy Jacobson tuned P220ST. Half the class was DOE guys who carried P220s every day. None of them believed that my pistol was a P220 - it was simply too easy to shoot.

I really wish the manufacturers would just offer two grades of pistols - a basic model that had less expensive components and an upgraded version for shooters. The upgraded models could have better components as well such as tool steel parts instead of MIM if the original design didn't include MIM.

Finally, I've handled the LTT guns and they are AMAZING. There is only one explanation for how they can be so smooth/light and still set of primers reliably - magic.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post

I really wish the manufacturers would just offer two grades of pistols - a basic model that had less expensive components and an upgraded version for shooters. The upgraded models could have better components as well such as tool steel parts instead of MIM if the original design didn't include MIM.
    I think Beretta is doing exactly that with the basic 92FS and the 92 LTT Elite.
    I sincerely hope that it pays off for them and it continues - Maybe even to be emulated by other major players in the market.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I think Beretta is doing exactly that with the basic 92FS and the 92 LTT Elite.
    I sincerely hope that it pays off for them and it continues - Maybe even to be emulated by other major players in the market.
    Other examples would be Kahr Arms with the C and P series pistols and S&W with the Performance Center models of certain handguns.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    Other examples would be Kahr Arms with the C and P series pistols and S&W with the Performance Center models of certain handguns.
    Don’t forget the Legion series from Sig Sauer.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

Do you ever have issues with the slide lock being so close to the thumb safety? I have never shot one, but in looking at them online I've always thought that was a big potential weakness to the SAO Sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I handled a Legion 226 SAO and it was pretty amaizing! The only reason I don’t own one is lack of a smaller SAO option. If the 229 SAO is as well designed as the 226, I will own both.

I’ve been contemplating the Wilson CQB (.45 if I do) and the EDC X9 but was holding off to see the 229 SAO. I think I remember you have a EDC X9?

A friend of mine owned an SAO Legion for awhile the same time I owned a standard 226 Legion. I actually preferred the TDA gun. For me, the safety on the SAO is in a bad spot. Really messes up reaching for the slide lock. The SA on the TDA gun was better too. Less pre-travel and it didn't break as cleanly. Could have just been the difference in round counts between the two though as the SAO didn't have many rounds through it.

I'm slowly circling the Sig rabbit hole again.

User Tag List