Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Age begins.....

My only issue with Berettas over Sigs is I don’t like where the Beretta trigger breaks. But as a total package I think Beretta is better. A 92 variant and a PX4cc would be a really great TDA combo. For pure shooting I shoot a 226 better than just about anything else out there. It’s just not my favorite pistol to carry and unfortunately Sig doesn’t offer anything in the same class as a Compact Carry.

Dovetail mounts generally set the RDS too high and typically preclude readily adjustable and usable BIS...

A few years ago, Beretta brought me over to their fantastic factory in Italy and we had a day long discussion regarding terminal ballistics and weapon trends--seems they did not fully pay attention to what was stated...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    My only issue with Berettas over Sigs is I don’t like where the Beretta trigger breaks. But as a total package I think Beretta is better. A 92 variant and a PX4cc would be a really great TDA combo. For pure shooting I shoot a 226 better than just about anything else out there. It’s just not my favorite pistol to carry and unfortunately Sig doesn’t offer anything in the same class as a Compact Carry.
    The closest Sig has is the P229c: a P229 grip with P224 slide.

Attachment 30067

The only thing about it is they mostly made it in .40S&W and .357 Sig. 9mm models were a bit more rare last I knew.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    The closest Sig has is the P229c: a P229 grip with P224 slide.

Attachment 30067

The only thing about it is they mostly made it in .40S&W and .357 Sig. 9mm models were a bit more rare last I knew.
    I’d buy that gun right there in 9mm. That looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve put enough rounds and time on my Wilson 92BT and a 92C to realize I don’t shoot them as well as I do my 226/239 combo. The trigger breaking point is one reason. The 226 is the gun I shoot best across the board with speed and accuracy. My Wilson BT has a LTT TJIB and my 226 has a GrayGun duty tune, so I think it’s a pretty fair comparison. The 92s are in the safe now for good except as playthings.

I’ve tried to love the 228 but I get jump thumb (like Glock knuckle but different) when pushing speed from the holster. This is why in days past I preferred the 225 over the 228, despite the size and capacity issues. It’s why I now prefer the 239 over the 228 or 229.

I spent some of last week working with the 228 again. I’m going to order a set of factory grips and sand that F-ing hump off to make it more 226ish and give that a try.
    Last edited by LSP552; 10-20-2018 at 01:05 PM.

@LSP552 which version of the 228 do you have?

I absolutely loved my 229. I wasn’t as good of a shooter when I owned it though and talked myself into believing that I could shoot something else better. I generally like classic series Sigs better than anything else including nice 1911’s. I really don’t know why I keep talking myself out of going back to them full time.

@LSP552 which version of the 228 do you have?

I absolutely loved my 229. I wasn’t as good of a shooter when I owned it though and talked myself into believing that I could shoot something else better. I generally like classic series Sigs better than anything else including nice 1911’s. I really don’t know why I keep talking myself out of going back to them full time.
    LSP issued P220s and P228s for a long time, Trooper’s choice. Most of the time I carried a personal 226, went 220 for a couple of years but went back to 226 just because I shot it much better than the .45. Did the Glock thing for years then went back to the 226 and retired with a Bruce Gray tweaked 226R in my holster.

My last issues LSP pistol was a 228 born in 2000. I was able to purchase it when I retired in 2008. I can’t stand the extra large hump compared to the 226. I need to try sanding that down a bit see how it works.

I’m right there beside you with the SIG thing. I need to quite chasing rabbits....

Quote Originally Posted by Moshjath View Post
    I feel like the B92 isn’t the only platform experiencing this level of growth- look at the CZ75, which when I first started following Pistol-Training about a decade ago was generally derided. Now CZs are quite popular in the competitive shooting world, with shops like Cajun Gun Works offering quite a few upgrades. It has evolved from a duty gun/east bloc curiosity to quite the popular platform.
    Surprised the CZ didn’t get mentioned until post 17.

I’m a huge fan of the Beretta 92, but I see the CZ as more of the DA/SA equivalent of our time. The variations, and possibilities are much greater than what you can do to a 92, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Surprised the CZ didn’t get mentioned until post 17.

I’m a huge fan of the Beretta 92, but I see the CZ as more of the DA/SA equivalent of our time. The variations, and possibilities are much greater than what you can do to a 92, IMHO.
    Careful or you will make that the next rabbit hole I go down.....

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I’m going to order a set of factory grips and sand that F-ing hump off to make it more 226ish and give that a try.
    If you mean the excessive general curvature of the "back strap," these might be worth looking into:

Name:  28179.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  41.0 KB

Hogue G10 checkered are my favorite grips for any classic Sig I've tried them on. More comments here.

Interesting to see you hanging up the Berettas. Last I remember, unless I'm confused by the tiredness at this hour, you were very enthusiastic about them.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List