Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Age begins.....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Dagga, you, of all people, we really need to get you into a 92D or a 92D Centurion (or even the somewhat unicorn 92D Compact L Type M)-suitably Langdon-ized and Wilson-ized. Think of it as a semi-automatic Smith & Wesson-with an action like your classic Smith & Wessons. Seriously.

Best, Jon
    There's a reason I think of my PX4 D as my 18-shot K frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    That’s amazing! I think there must be a problem with my LTT though, because it will only shoot a 288.
    The issue is excessive operator headspace. My guns have a worse case than yours, I don't think I've broken 280 yet (only tried a couple of time though).

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    .......a SiG P-226, which is a gun I still love and what kept me out of Beretta for 25 years.
    SIGs kept me from Berettas for a long time. Actually, Beretta kept me from Berettas for a long time because of the failure to promote G versions, lack of interchangeable night sights, and smaller platform options. No way could I live with the safety/decocker after all of my SIG time.

We really are living in the Golden Age. I bought my first Beretta last year as a moving to RI/2nd retirement present to myself. It’s a Wilson 92BT and my best friend was with me when I bought it. I’ve always been amaized that I shoot it better right out of the box than the 226s. After a LTT TJIB, it’s an amazing machine.

Looking for a smaller option, I debated over a PX4CC or a 92C and decided (wrongly I think) on the 92C. I think that decision is the ONLY thing that has kept me from completely switching to the Beretta system. I look at the 92C next to a 228 or even the 226 and it’s a “WTF” were they thinking calling this a Compact.

And then I range time them and shoot the Berettas (including the C) measurably better.

For me, the LTT TJIB is such an amaizing deal! Combined with the new G factory conversion lever, any 92 can become pretty much the prefect service size pistol. The only thing really lacking now is front sight dovetails on all the 92s other than the M9.

I’m pondering my next Beretta, and there will be another. Likely it’s a PX4CC to fill the role of smaller, lighter.

One thing I have discovered is that the SIG and Beretta decockers are not mutually exclusive. I can work the 239 as a complement to the bigger Berettas without any problem.
    Last edited by LSP552; 09-08-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    It cracks me up...all this Beretta love. Wasn't too many years ago, it was being panned as a dog...Locking blocks, unreliable magazines, heavy DA trigger, too big, trigger reach too long, slide-mounted decocker, wouldn't work in sand environments...on and on.
    A lot of the 92s detractors are vets who got issued garbage pistols after 2001 . Thanks to the DoDs low bidder maintenance contracts , issued Berettas tend to be worn out frankenguns. One SF guys M9 I handled was so worn out you could tilt the locked back pistol into battery without touching the slide lock. He couldn’t believe my POW 92FS handled as good as it did.

He’d probably say the 92 was crap too if the only ones he used were abused military examples.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I’ve played around with some Beretta F models in the LGS. I would have to get a G model because I cannot for the life of me reliably manipulate the safety on draw/presentation. I do want a 92A1 to screw around with nevertheless.

Living near Ft Benning most of my life I only ever heard negative about the 92FS. I reckon that’s because of the over-abused status of the military-issued ones.

I wish HK would get someone to start pimping out P30 models. But maybe I don’t really need that to happen.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    A lot of the 92s detractors are vets who got issued garbage pistols after 2001 . Thanks to the DoDs low bidder maintenance contracts , issued Berettas tend to be worn out frankenguns. One SF guys M9 I handled was so worn out you could tilt the locked back pistol into battery without touching the slide lock. He couldn’t believe my POW 92FS handled as good as it did.

He’d probably say the 92 was crap too if the only ones he used were abused military examples.
    I carried, taught and deployed a couple times with the M9 over a period of about 20 years and I honesty never saw anything like what you just said.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    SIGs kept me from Berettas for a long time. Actually, Beretta kept me from Berettas for a long time because of the failure to promote G versions, lack of interchangeable night sights, and smaller platform options. No way could I live with the safety/decocker after all of my SIG time.

We really are living in the Golden Age. I bought my first Beretta last year as a moving to RI/2nd retirement present to myself. It’s a Wilson 92BT and my best friend was with me when I bought it. I’ve always been amaized that I shoot it better right out of the box than the 226s. After a LTT TJIB, it’s an amazing machine.

Looking for a smaller option, I debated over a PX4CC or a 92C and decided (wrongly I think) on the 92C. I think that decision is the ONLY thing that has kept me from completely switching to the Beretta system. I look at the 92C next to a 228 or even the 226 and it’s a “WTF” were they thinking calling this a Compact.

And then I range time them and shoot the Berettas (including the C) measurably better.

For me, the LTT TJIB is such an amaizing deal! Combined with the new G factory conversion lever, any 92 can become pretty much the prefect service size pistol. The only thing really lacking now is front sight dovetails on all the 92s other than the M9.

I’m pondering my next Beretta, and there will be another. Likely it’s a PX4CC to fill the role of smaller, lighter.

One thing I have discovered is that the SIG and Beretta decockers are not mutually exclusive. I can work the 239 as a complement to the bigger Berettas without any problem.

Sort of came to the same place. The 92 “compact” is the 92 “Fanny Pack, AIWB, ban state” model. The PX4CC is the real compact model. I think for a bunch of us older guys who carried and taught the DA/SA Guns a couple decades ago and then have come back to them, they are an easy adjustment of applying new pure shooting techniques to our older ingrained handling protocols.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    This is the majority of the anti-Beretta people I know/have dealt with.

Site Supporter
    I carried, taught and deployed a couple times with the M9 over a period of about 20 years and I honesty never saw anything like what you just said.
    I have! After having to struggle through annual qualifications with the armory’s stock weapons since 2002, the last thing I was going to do was drop my money on one. Now I’m willing to have an open mind. And after actually learning a DA trigger (although ala SIG) I can now actually get the crappy issued weapons to finally shoot well!

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I have! After having to struggle through annual qualifications with the armory’s stock weapons since 2002, the last thing I was going to do was drop my money on one. Now I’m willing to have an open mind. And after actually learning a DA trigger (although ala SIG) I can now actually get the crappy issued weapons to finally shoot well!
    Army?

Site Supporter
    Army?
    USMC. M-4 and M-9. Admittedly never shot another 92 variant so...

User Tag List