Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Age begins.....

Dagga, you, of all people, we really need to get you into a 92D or a 92D Centurion (or even the somewhat unicorn 92D Compact L Type M)-suitably Langdon-ized and Wilson-ized. Think of it as a semi-automatic Smith & Wesson-with an action like your classic Smith & Wessons. Seriously.

Best, Jon

It cracks me up...all this Beretta love. Wasn't too many years ago, it was being panned as a dog...Locking blocks, unreliable magazines, heavy DA trigger, too big, trigger reach too long, slide-mounted decocker, wouldn't work in sand environments...on and on.

Now she's the Bell of the Ball! I love it!

I have 4 Berettas currently. Would LOVE an LTT and an M9A3 in Black... but I just don’t get to shoot the Berettas I have that often. Work makes me carry a Glock. So that is the majority of my time.

But my first personal purchase of a pistol was a 92FS in 1991, a gift to me for my 21st birthday. Then I carried an issued one in the Academy. The hook was set, the Love was there.

If I had more money, and more room in the safe, I would take a LTT over a Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone
    (So Excuse the typos)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Dagga, you, of all people, we really need to get you into a 92D or a 92D Centurion (or even the somewhat unicorn 92D Compact L Type M)-suitably Langdon-ized and Wilson-ized. Think of it as a semi-automatic Smith & Wesson-with an action like your classic Smith & Wessons. Seriously.

Best, Jon
    I was thinking about you when I did my last post. You’re the Seecamp 1911 guy of our world....;-).
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    It cracks me up...all this Beretta love. Wasn't too many years ago, it was being panned as a dog...Locking blocks, unreliable magazines, heavy DA trigger, too big, trigger reach too long, slide-mounted decocker, wouldn't work in sand environments...on and on.

Now she's the Bell of the Ball! I love it!
    Again....sort of like the 1911’s guys had “in the Army” that all rattled and they couldn’t hit a barn door with.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I just sold a gun for about what an LTT Elite with trigger job goes for. Are you TRYING to make me turn that money into a gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I feel like the B92 isn’t the only platform experiencing this level of growth- look at the CZ75, which when I first started following Pistol-Training about a decade ago was generally derided. Now CZs are quite popular in the competitive shooting world, with shops like Cajun Gun Works offering quite a few upgrades. It has evolved from a duty gun/east bloc curiosity to quite the popular platform.

Site Supporter
    He who takes B 92s for granted is unaware and unimformed. I've had at least one since the series hit the market. Beretta's manufacturing savvy and the company's commitment have given us this fine product. I know of no finer home defense handgun. In years past I enjoyed carrying one as a woods companion loaded with Federal's +p+ jhp's.

I too like CZ's but would never say that CZ has Beretta's manufacturing ability or level of sophistication. But this line has improved. Though I drink CZ kool aid, I think that if we were to see large scale issue of these pistols to U.S. law enforcement, then various problems might become evident. This is opinion.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    So....when you lay awake at night thinking about Beretta’s and the Golden Age if 80’s Guns...

Shot a Langdon warm up into four holes followed by a 300 HiTS Super Test with a Ernest Langdon tuned 92 G with an Elite barrel.
    That’s amazing! I think there must be a problem with my LTT though, because it will only shoot a 288.

In like 1987 ish I got a CZ75 that came in from Canada. It had been parkerized in the really greenish grey parkerization. Amazing gun in feel and had a great trigger. There was simply no support for it and I was at a time in life where I couldn’t keep guns just because I liked them. That got traded off and ended up with what I felt was the next best thing and easily supported, a SiG P-226, which is a gun I still love and what kept me out of Beretta for 25 years.

User Tag List