Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Golden Age begins.....

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I'm convinced that Earnest has found some pool of unsullied virgins who he regularly sacrifices on his gun bench to get those trigger pulls that low while setting off primers. It's not of this Earth......
    Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I'm convinced that Earnest has found some pool of unsullied virgins who he regularly sacrifices on his gun bench to get those trigger pulls that low while setting off primers. It's not of this Earth......
    Sorry, I just have a hard time believing a Marine would sacrifice virgins...

Now that LTT has the DA trigger thing pretty well sorted, perhaps he can turn those otherworldly minions loose on working out a solid RDS mount for the 92s...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Now that LTT has the DA trigger thing pretty well sorted, perhaps he can turn those otherworldly minions loose on working out a solid RDS mount for the 92s...
    Is the operation of the firing pin safety going to make that tricky?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Is the operation of the firing pin safety going to make that tricky?
    Maybe? I'm just getting into the 92s so I haven't learned all their innards and idiosyncrasies yet but that could be why no one has done anything besides dovetail mounts AFAIK.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

He is working on it. He recently spoke on a P&S cast about finding someone to machine prototype slides, so he definitely has an idea of how to get it done.

That is going to be a serious process though unless fortune is really in his corner.

I know there would be a host of people lining up to buy LTT RDS slides for 92 pistols here at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe? I'm just getting into the 92s so I haven't learned all their innards and idiosyncrasies yet but that could be why no one has done anything besides dovetail mounts AFAIK.
    That is the reason it isn't being done currently. It will involve some sort of serious workaround or total slide redesign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't much room to the slide top behind the breechface. The extractor is pretty high, as is the roll pin for the firing pin block, and the block itself. If you were ok with mounting the RDS further forward, you could make a new slide that was not open from breechface to front sight and create an RDS mounting surface there.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    He is working on it. He recently spoke on a P&S cast about finding someone to machine prototype slides, so he definitely has an idea of how to get it done.
    DOH! I listened to it Wednesday while getting stuff ready for Thanksgiving, I can't believe I forgot about that!

User Tag List