Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas cop shoots man after walking in to wrong apartment

I'm going to guess alcohol was involved, but it could have simply been exhaustion.

Also, depending on the apartment building, lots of apartments can look the same. You ever been so tired and/or drunk that you forgot how many flights of stairs you walked? Try to unlock the wrong car? Use the wrong key to try to unlock your front door? Or stand in front of a door, trying to unlock it only to discover you're on the wrong floor at the wrong apartment?

I've done ALL of those things when exhausted or drunk. Hell, if you walked into my apartment building - ALL of the doors are painted identically and look exactly the same. If you were drunk or tired, you could easily try to go into the wrong apartment on the wrong floor.

I've also seen some stupid ass shit done in apartment buildings. I was visiting a friend a few months ago, they have an attached parking garage. I parked on one of the ramps, between floors, believing I'd parked between 5 and 6. My friend says, "We're on the fifth floor, apartment 21"

So, I walked down the ramp and enter the building from the access door. No sign is present to tell me what floor it is, I ASSumed that it was floor 5. Besides, there is only one 21, right? Wrong. It turns out they numbered ALL of the apartments on each floor identically. On the MAILBOXES they are 121, 221, 321, etc. But on the doors? 21, 21, 21, 21, etc. So, when someone, not my friend, opened the door to apartment (4)21, because I'd parked between floors 4 and 5 (not 5 and 6), I was a little surprised.

Site Supporter
    Seems fishy to me but as detailed below people do dumb careless things:

https://www.ksat.com/news/woman-mist...ows-of-fingers

Woman mistakes dynamite for candle, blows off fingers
    Happened during power outage in storm

Last edited by HCM; 09-07-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm going to guess alcohol was involved, but it could have simply been exhaustion.
    Agreed. A few friends and I had been drinking. Heavily. On the way back to our dorm rooms, which were very small, one dude counts however many doors from the corner to his room. Except that he was drunk and couldn't count, so he entered somebody else's room. Fortunately it was another friend of ours who knew our drinking habits and just laughed the incident off.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Back when I was in school, my roomates and I shared an old blue '79 Civic hatchback.
    I went to the mall to get some essentials, unlocked the car, got in, and realized I was in an old blue Toyota hatchback. Mine was two cars further down.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I'm having a hard time believing her story. I smell shenanigans.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Back when I was in school, my roomates and I shared an old blue '79 Civic hatchback.
    I went to the mall to get some essentials, unlocked the car, got in, and realized I was in an old blue Toyota hatchback. Mine was two cars further down.
    My mother drove a light blue, 1976 Chevy Nova four door, about as plain vanilla as you could get for that era. I don't know how many times I had to remind my mother she was about to get in the wrong car.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Charges will be files, arrest warrant issued.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/da.../287-591760228

She's definitely going to smoke a turd over this.

A Dallas police officer, who spoke with NBC 5 under the condition of anonymity, said the female officer was assigned to the department's elite Crime Response Team and had just finished a 14-hour shift serving warrants in high-crime areas. When she arrived home, she took the elevator to the 14th floor, though her apartment is on the 13th floor. She then went to what she thought was her door, put the key in and struggled with the lock. She then put down several things she was holding and continued to fight with the key when the resident swung open the door and startled her. The officer believed Jean, who was wearing only underwear, was an intruder and shot him with her service weapon. It wasn't until police and rescue units began arriving that she realized she was not at her apartment. Once realizing her deadly mistake, she became emotional and fully cooperated with officers, including offering to provide blood samples.
    Source: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Da...492675981.html
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 09-07-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Site Supporter
    Hopefully she had presence of mine to hire a competent attorney and arrange bond, and hopefully the police association has stepped forward to carry out those services provided when officers are or will be charged. This cop who will soon be an ex cop must be given the benefit of the doubt. The rest of the story has not been told.

Wonder how long until Al show up to make an already bad situation worse?

If the story from an unidentified source is true...One, I don't go to my door undressed and two, if someone is jiggling my lock, I don't plan on opening the door unless I know who they are.
    Last edited by Redhat; 09-07-2018 at 07:50 PM.

User Tag List