Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas cop shoots man after walking in to wrong apartment

My spidey senses are tingling on this one. How do you walk into someone else's apartment thinking it's your own? The whole thing is off. It will be interesting to see once all the facts are released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Such skepticism. Sounds legit to me. In fact, the same thing happened to me 3 months from now.

I’ve been on both ends of the coin, neither time did I shoot anyone. In college I found a drunk guy in my bathroom. He entered the wrong house trying to get to a party.

The other time, I momentarily opened the door to what I thought was my new apartment. Key worked and everything. I didn’t even get through the door all the way, noticed the wrong colored walls and furniture immediately. The front office had given me the neighbors key by mistake, and I mixed their front door for mine (across the hall directly).

No gunfire in either case.

The officer has not been interviewed and is not in custody.

This just reeks of preferential treatment. The responding officers "know" the off-duty officer shot and killed another human being in the victim's residence. The responding officers have no testimony (assuming the "no interview" statement is correct) from the shooter that she was acting in self-defense. It certainly sounds like there is probable cause to arrest the shooter. I cannot imagine the circumstances in which a non-LEO could kill another person in the victim's residence, not be interviewed, and be released.

Moreover, I'm hearing that the victim's apartment was on a different floor [from her apartment] and that the victim opened the door after the shooter was unable to open the door. Of course, if she hasn't been interviewed, what is the source for the report that the victim opened his own door?

Yeah, I know, wait for all the facts to come out and don't listen to preliminary news reports because they are 90% wrong. I agree with this. I still don't understand why the shooter is not in custody if she has not been interviewed.

edited to add the information in square brackets
    Last edited by Kukuforguns; 09-07-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Site Supporter
    Ever try to open the wrong car door.

This reminds me of the tale from South Africa, supposedly true, where an old woman sees 4 African guns in her car. She pulls her gun and orders them out and they flee. She tries to start the car and it won't. She realizes she is an identical version of hers and hers is down a few spaces.

She feels bad and goes to the police station to state what she did. The desk sarge cracks up and points to 4 guys with the detectives telling him how a crazy old white woman hijacked their car.

Is this true? I dunno.

I agree something else is going on here. Despite the wrong apartment, the threatening and furtive movements will justify the shoot? We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Ever try to open the wrong car door.
    Apropos of jack squat, but waaaay back in my college days, I came out of the local coffeeshop, and used my door key to unlock the driver’s side door of my black, 1964, push-button transmission Dodge Dart (cars from back then, as you may well remember, had separate keys for doors, ignition and trunk). So, I’m trying to start my car, and the damn ignition key won’t turn; totally jammed up. WTF? Then I look down, and there’s some sort of trashy novel on the seat that I wouldn’t be caught reading in a million years. "WTFF? Someone left a romance novel in my car!"

Then I notice that the metal dashboard is blue, not bright red. "Whoa... this is cosnic..."

Then, and only then did I figure it out. My 1964 Dart was up the street, with two cars parked between it, and where I sat.

So I used my door key to lock Fabio’s Dart back up.

#sheepishninja
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Didn’t we just recently have a thread about locking your doors??? Sadly, another stark reminder to do so.

Assuming the story is as being presented.

Site Supporter
    My guess is that this is a one in 10 million random event resulting in tragedy. I admit that I become directionally mixed up in inside buildings with a complex layout or with everything looks the same floor plan. Obviously the officer was disoriented and made a terrible judgment error. I do have difficulty with the part where one's own furniture or unique living area scent was not recognized. It sounds as if this individual lacked qualifications but was hired anyway, and I mean no disrespect to the officer when saying this.

I can see various aspects of this tragic tale being told with no malicious intent, right up to the point where death pills were thrown about. It'll be interesting to hear more/all of the facts once they come out.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

"Hall added that the officer, who has been taken into custody by the Texas Rangers, had been questioned only at the scene, where officers took blood samples to determine if drugs or alcohol were involved in the shooting."

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...ot-neighbor-in
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List