Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas cop shoots man after walking in to wrong apartment

Site Supporter
    You are most fortunate(as you know)to have these benefits. Many police officers serve at will of the big boss man. After sheriff elections, many are fired because they supported the wrong candidate. I've seen many nice people made to eat shit in order to keep their jobs. Corrections seems to have more than its share of such.

One of the things I enjoyed most about my position was that I didn't work for an elected official, nor could my administration simply fire me at will. That gave me a lot of freedom to enforce the law. In the end, that meant the friends of the chief or sheriff could pack sand and the brass needed a great deal of just cause to fire me. I always felt for deputies and city officers who had to abide by their bosses friends and family plan.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    WFAA, D/FW's ABC station, has released the audio of Guyger's 911 call.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

That's tough to listen to.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

The entire situation is a giant shit sandwich, that she will likely get to eat. Someone usually has to, and she will be the one. At face value, she is the one who pulled the trigger. Possible bad training, fatigue, and plain old bad luck, all could have been mitigating factors. But she fired at something she couldn't see, and mistakenly, killed an innocent person. I'm not demonizing her, just outlining the known "facts" so far. Shooting without being able to visually identify the threat is the thing I can't get past. She likely had at least one flashlight on her belt, a light switch was likely nearby, and presumably an open door to back out of at a low or high "ready" to have more room and assess the situation. This is all armchair quarterbacking from me, with just the stuff posted in here. I still feel like there is more to this though. That call recording though, that sounded genuine. Horrible situation for all involved. Hope his family don't destroy themselves over it. Hope she can find peace one day.
    Another one of those deals where only the lawyers win.

Banned
    She killed him but she didn't murder him. I feel for his family for their loss and I feel bad for he because she threw her life away over a stupid mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's tough to listen to.
    This. A hot mess of a situation.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Please refresh my memory -

1) did they ever determine how she got into the guys apt - key, key card ? Door unlocked ?

2) did they ever find any prior contact between the two ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Please refresh my memory -

1) did they ever determine how she got into the guys apt - key, key card ? Door unlocked ?

2) did they ever find any prior contact between the two ?
    The internet story I read (note: INTERNET is not fact), is that the guy did not push his door all the way shut, so it was closed, but did not "click" shut. She went to put her key in the door and as she inserted it, the door pushed open. So she inserted, but never tried to "turn the key". The door being open got her suspicion up, as she was sure she locked it. Sooo, there was a key involved, but not fully used... per internet rumor. it sounds perfectly plausible.

As for contact, every tin foil hat blogger seemed to think they had a prior romantic past, or she had complained on him for loud music. But nothing ever came from any reputable source. So i think it was just random/no prior encounter.

I can sit here and say I would NEVER do something that stupid (because i live in a house that looks nothing like my neighbor). But I have gotten off on the wrong floor of a hotel before. All those room doors look alike. And I have worked a 30 hour shift before. Start mixing those factors in, and I still hope I would not make the mistake... but I can easily see how it happened.

She did kill him. But motive and mindset are key. Obviously done as a cop, forever. Manslaughter? Yes. Murder? No. She will be sacrificed on the political alter, lest the city burn.

EDIT: I just listened to the recording. Damn... Tragic all around. Two lives destroyed.
    Last edited by Gadfly; 05-01-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List