Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas cop shoots man after walking in to wrong apartment

The jury, which had the option of manslaughter, finds Guyger guilty of murder:

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/amb...ict/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    jinx!

How did they get to a murder conviction on this one? I still fail to see how intent could be proved in this case.

I feel like this one will be overturned on appeal.

A manslaughter conviction or negligent homicide conviction, yes. But Murder? Tough sell for me.

I don't know all the details but maybe she did murder him and tried to cover it as an accident?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    and I decided to get the hell outta there before somebody with a matching keycard strolled in while I was in a compromised position...
    Does nobody else do the deadbolt and chain as soon as they walk in to a hotel room?

Site Supporter
    Politics should not affect court decisions, but in this case politics may have. Conviction for manslaughter and not murder seems more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    How did they get to a murder conviction on this one? I still fail to see how intent could be proved in this case.

I feel like this one will be overturned on appeal.

A manslaughter conviction or negligent homicide conviction, yes. But Murder? Tough sell for me.
    Er...she had the intent to shoot him. She shot him.
    She literally has no defense here.

She was on the wrong floor, wrong door, wrong door mat. Too busy sexting to take 10 seconds and wonder where you are?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Grey; 10-01-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    From BBC News:

"This is a victory for black people in America," said civil rights lawyer Lee Merritt after the verdict was read.

"It's a signal that the tide is going to change here. Police officers are going to be held accountable for their actions and we believe that will begin to change policing culture all over the world."

"This should have been automatic. This should have been anticipated, expected", he continued, describing cases of police officers being punished for shooting unarmed black men such as Jean, as "rare".
    I hope this gets reduced. She shouldn't walk, but murder just doesn't make sense.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    From BBC News:

I hope this gets reduced. She shouldn't walk, but murder just doesn't make sense.
    Well, at least it wasn't political
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List