Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Range Supply from Underwood Ammo

Range Supply from Underwood Ammo

Fired 50, rnds. Underwood Range Supply 147gr FMJ. This is the result of 15 rnds of rapid fire using sights from 10 yards in a G-19 gen4. It resembled how Remington Golden Saber 147gr feels IMO.
    Attachment 29934Attachment 29935

Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Fired 50, rnds. Underwood Range Supply 147gr FMJ. This is the result of 15 rnds of rapid fire using sights from 10 yards in a G-19 gen4. It resembled how Remington Golden Saber 147gr feels IMO.
    Attachment 29934Attachment 29935
    Gentle recoil, easy to control?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

I would not describe it as gentle what I would say, the characteristics truly resemble that of an actual carry round. As for it being manageable it was very controllable shooting it out of the G-19, next week when i run a box through the PPS-M2 i may have a different perspective.
    Last edited by SD; 09-07-2018 at 07:48 AM.

I would not describe it as gentle what I would say, the characteristics truly resemble that of an actual carry round. As for it being manageable it was very controllable shooting it out of the G-19, next week when i run a box through the PPS-M2 i may have a different perspective.
    For not being one of the ''BIG'' ammunition manufacturers, Underwood sure makes some nice stuff. I am continually pleased by the cleanliness of their ammo, even their practice stuff, and how well it appears to have been assembled.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-07-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Any idea how this compares to American Eagle 147gr FMJ ammo? I'd imagine it's similar seeing that it's rated at 1000 fps like the AE stuff. This could make a good alternative in case the American Eagle ever becomes hard to find.

Bullet profile?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Any idea how this compares to American Eagle 147gr FMJ ammo? I'd imagine it's similar seeing that it's rated at 1000 fps like the AE stuff. This could make a good alternative in case the American Eagle ever becomes hard to find.
    Attachment 30035 If you mean this stuff I love it. Underwood is still more robust.

today i put a box of this Underwood Range Supply through the PPS-M2. Still manageable, grouping at 10yd. was a lot more spread out then the with the G-19. No issues to report. Comparing this with Remington Golden Saber 147gr. the GS held tighter groups but both felt identical when firing.
    Attachment 30215

today i put a box of this Underwood Range Supply through the PPS-M2. Still manageable, grouping at 10yd. was a lot more spread out then the with the G-19. No issues to report. Comparing this with Remington Golden Saber 147gr. the GS held tighter groups but both felt identical when firing.
    Attachment 30215
    Is that nickel plated brass, steve? Or am I seeing just really 'bright' aluminum cases?

Attachment 30215
    Is that a real FMJ or a plated bullet?

Shellshock Tech cases?

User Tag List