Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Range Supply from Underwood Ammo

  1. #1
    Site Supporter $teve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Nashville

    Range Supply from Underwood Ammo

    Fired 50, rnds. Underwood Range Supply 147gr FMJ. This is the result of 15 rnds of rapid fire using sights from 10 yards in a G-19 gen4. It resembled how Remington Golden Saber 147gr feels IMO.
    Name:  IMG_2278.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  26.9 KBName:  IMG_2279.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  31.3 KB

  2. #2
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Luminiferous Æther
    Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    Fired 50, rnds. Underwood Range Supply 147gr FMJ. This is the result of 15 rnds of rapid fire using sights from 10 yards in a G-19 gen4. It resembled how Remington Golden Saber 147gr feels IMO.
    Name:  IMG_2278.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  26.9 KBName:  IMG_2279.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  31.3 KB
    Gentle recoil, easy to control?
    “If the answer is simple, God is speaking.” ―Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Site Supporter $teve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Nashville
    I would not describe it as gentle what I would say, the characteristics truly resemble that of an actual carry round. As for it being manageable it was very controllable shooting it out of the G-19, next week when i run a box through the PPS-M2 i may have a different perspective.
    Last edited by $teve; 09-07-2018 at 07:48 AM.

  4. #4
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Luminiferous Æther
    Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    I would not describe it as gentle what I would say, the characteristics truly resemble that of an actual carry round. As for it being manageable it was very controllable shooting it out of the G-19, next week when i run a box through the PPS-M2 i may have a different perspective.
    For not being one of the ''BIG'' ammunition manufacturers, Underwood sure makes some nice stuff. I am continually pleased by the cleanliness of their ammo, even their practice stuff, and how well it appears to have been assembled.
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 09-07-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    “If the answer is simple, God is speaking.” ―Albert Einstein

  5. #5
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Any idea how this compares to American Eagle 147gr FMJ ammo? I'd imagine it's similar seeing that it's rated at 1000 fps like the AE stuff. This could make a good alternative in case the American Eagle ever becomes hard to find.

  6. #6
    Bullet profile?

  7. #7
    Site Supporter $teve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Nashville
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Any idea how this compares to American Eagle 147gr FMJ ammo? I'd imagine it's similar seeing that it's rated at 1000 fps like the AE stuff. This could make a good alternative in case the American Eagle ever becomes hard to find.
    Name:  IMG_2296.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  70.4 KB If you mean this stuff I love it. Underwood is still more robust.

  8. #8
    Site Supporter $teve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Nashville
    today i put a box of this Underwood Range Supply through the PPS-M2. Still manageable, grouping at 10yd. was a lot more spread out then the with the G-19. No issues to report. Comparing this with Remington Golden Saber 147gr. the GS held tighter groups but both felt identical when firing.
    Name:  IMG_2316.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  24.9 KB

  9. #9
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Luminiferous Æther
    Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    today i put a box of this Underwood Range Supply through the PPS-M2. Still manageable, grouping at 10yd. was a lot more spread out then the with the G-19. No issues to report. Comparing this with Remington Golden Saber 147gr. the GS held tighter groups but both felt identical when firing.
    Name:  IMG_2316.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  24.9 KB
    Is that nickel plated brass, steve? Or am I seeing just really 'bright' aluminum cases?
    “If the answer is simple, God is speaking.” ―Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by $teve View Post
    today i put a box of this Underwood Range Supply through the PPS-M2. Still manageable, grouping at 10yd. was a lot more spread out then the with the G-19. No issues to report. Comparing this with Remington Golden Saber 147gr. the GS held tighter groups but both felt identical when firing.
    Name:  IMG_2316.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  24.9 KB
    Is that a real FMJ or a plated bullet?

    Shellshock Tech cases?

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TLG 1970–2016 RIPRampageForTheCure.org