Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The best "npe"/ discreet carry set up I've found...

Good job. You should work for the NSA!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post
    I tried this out but found that the back of the screws on the clips would dig into my hips/abdomen.
    Did you cover them in some way? I thought of applying moleskin or similar backing.
    They haven't bothered me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    How do you bend over to pick something up from the floor?
    I bend my knee's.

I saw this on Instagram yesterday. DSG and Phlstr's pages I think. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I saw this on Instagram yesterday. DSG and Phlstr's pages I think. Very nice!
    I stoled it good!
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post
    I tried this out but found that the back of the screws on the clips would dig into my hips/abdomen.
    Did you cover them in some way? I thought of applying moleskin or similar backing.
    Can you flip the screws around do the Chicago fastener is near your body vs the screw heads. Those tend to be a bit flatter. Although you’ll need to make sure the actual screw dies t protrude past the head. If it does, buy some shorter screws and lictite them in place.

Other option might be to get some stuff you put on blisters and cover the screw heads that are rubbing you.

Thanks for sharing this. I was inside a definite NPE this week, and an employee gave me a very prolonged double-take. Now that I am retired from LEO-ing, I really need to be more careful. (I would have been perfectly legal as an active LEO, but this was a dark gray area for LEOSA.)

My weapon, itself, was smaller than normal, but in hindsight, not concealed well.
    Last edited by Rex G; 09-06-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Off screen narration in Morgan Freeman's voice:
    [He sees a really cool carry set up, then looks down at gut and realizes he enjoys carbs. A slight sigh, and the realization that appendix carry will never be his thing. He continues to scroll]
    Last edited by Gadfly; 09-06-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Off screen narration in Morgan Freeman's voice:
    [He sees a really cool carry set up, then looks down at gut and realizes he enjoys carbs. A slight sigh, and the realization that appendix carry will never be his thing. He continues to scroll]
    You forgot "tittysprinkles".

That looks like a killer setup.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

User Tag List