Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 43 Pocket

Site Supporter
    I got a JM for my 42 and it is solid.

I found a guy on ebay that makes outstanding holsters for pocket carry. His seller name is jbowe12. I got one for my lcp custom and glock 42,43. It's kydex and has a thumb rest up by rear sight that you can use to draw your pistol or it has a hook built in to snag on your pocket. I don't wear tight clothes so may be problematic if the bottom of your pockets are more narrow but works well with most of my pockets. All of them have had perfect retention too. I think they were around $27 and got them within 2-3 days.

I’m considering sticking with my shield since I own it already and funds are tight. Maybe. Thinking I’ll try one of the listed holsters for cargo pocket carry with a 7rd installed.

Site Supporter
    Last week I received the G43 pocket holster from Aholster that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. I'm very impressed with the holster, and I suspect that my J-frame will spend even more time inside the safe now.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I’m considering sticking with my shield since I own it already and funds are tight. Maybe. Thinking I’ll try one of the listed holsters for cargo pocket carry with a 7rd installed.
    I've found it just a little too long in the grip. It's the reason I ditched the shield and moved to a 43. I much prefer the shield for actually shooting, but the 43 is just enough smaller to work in the pocket or on an ankle for me. For my purposes, if I'm carring a small single stack, it would be for one of those purposes. If I'm carring on a belt, it's going to be something larger and more capable.

I am pondering upgrading from a 5 round .38 LCR loaded with WCs in a Desantis Nemesis, to a 6+1 JHP Glock 43 with a SCD, in a TBD pocket holster.

I’ve had an A holster for the LCR but didn’t care for it. It seemed pointy and never sat well for me. I had Nemesis holsters for my G26 (sold) and for Mrs. RJ’s P365 (also sold). I was never thrilled with pocket carrying the tiny Sig tho.

Any new / recent / better options for pocket carry of a Glock 43?

El Paso Saddlery "Pocket Max Horsehide"
    It's my go to for both my Kahr PM9 and my P365 SAS.
    Excellent holster after a week or so of break-in forming to the gun and your pocket.

Just FYI: El Paso Saddlery is a "shadow manufacturer" of holsters for a lot of the big names.

I also use a Galco, Blue Force Gear or Kramer depending on the particulars of the pants/shorts I'm wearing.
    Last edited by JodyH; 06-17-2021 at 07:30 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

JM will make a pocket holster?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I got a JM for my 42 and it is solid.

Site Supporter
    I can't speak to the 43, I had one briefly a couple of years ago but it didn't work for me and I only pocket carry when I have no other option but, I have found I prefer TT Gunleathers pocket holster to any of the kydex pocket holsters I've tried.
    I have several of Tim's holsters and have found them to be very well designed / crafted, he's also been willing to do alterations per request.
    The leather seems to carry softer in the pocket (if that makes sense) than kydex, it makes less of a Klunk if you bump into a table or desk and seems to conceal a little better.
    Tim's always been helpfully and glad to answer my inquires.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    JM will make a pocket holster?!
    If you don’t see whatever you want on the site, always ask!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List