Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock magazine capacity blocks

Glock magazine capacity blocks

Does anyone have any experience with an aftermarket magazine block for Glock
    Mags? I’ve found out recently that here in CT we can use factory magazines that are modified or altered to limit the capacity to 10 rounds. While “mOvING tO fReE mErICa” is ideal it’s not going to happen for us anytime soon. In comes the mag blocks that can fill that gap while allowing me to have reliability that the 10 rounders do not.

I’d be looking to make Glock 19
    Magazines compliant.

I’ve tried the magpul mags and they’re not much better than factory 10s imho

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Glock got a raw deal during the AWB, being much more scrutinized than other manufacturers. Being that’s not in place anymore, Glock should make a better 10 round magazine. Still a lot of states requiring them.

I have a bunch for competing in nearby states, but personally would not use a neutered Glock magazine for carry or home defense, based on my experience with them. If I was set on Glock, I’d move to a G30.

That being said, I certainly understand your predicament.

try here:
    http://www.magazineblocks.com/magent...10-15-9mm.html
    Last edited by Bucky; 09-04-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Have you tried the ETS 10 rounders?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    I’ve tried the magpul mags and they’re not much better than factory 10s imho
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but can I ask what problems you’ve had with your MagPuls? I’ve got nearly 2000 rounds through 3 MagPul 10 rounders with nary a hiccup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

I... personally would not use a neutered Glock magazine for carry or home defense, based on my experience with them. If I was set on Glock, I’d move to a G30.
    That's a good idea. The G26 is another option, as others on P-F have noted.
    Last edited by Mark D; 09-05-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LJP View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but can I ask what problems you’ve had with your MagPuls? I’ve got nearly 2000 rounds through 3 MagPul 10 rounders with nary a hiccup.

I’ve had numerous instances where rounds would simply not cycle in the magazine. Several times I’ve pulled the trigger on an Empty chamber and to find the follower had jammed up somehow and had no pressure on the rounds. Again this is my experience with Speer,aguila and federal across 2 10 round mags.

Not the gospel just passing along what I experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    I’ve had numerous instances where rounds would simply not cycle in the magazine. Several times I’ve pulled the trigger on an Empty chamber and to find the follower had jammed up somehow and had no pressure on the rounds. Again this is my experience with Speer,aguila and federal across 2 10 round mags.

Not the gospel just passing along what I experienced.

Hmmm. I’ve experienced that with the standard capacity MagPul G19 mags, but pulling it apart and scrubbing out the dirt and dust inside solved that or wore down the burr that was causing it.

My 10 rounders have been flawless. Sorry they haven’t worked for you.

I’m not aware of any blocks commercially available to reduce capacity of stock mags. My nephew does have a 3D printer though...

I don't have more than maybe three hundred rounds through each of my five (I think) PMAG 10 rounders but haven't had a single issue with them. FWIW though, the Glock mags I have haven't been terrible with the newest followers, 9mm3 I'm pretty sure. They fixed some malfunctions and some failures to lock back, but I do still get some failures to lock back with certain mags. Haven't had a single malfunction with the 9mm3 followers though. The new Gen 5 ones do not lock the slide open at all. But back to my original point, no issues with the PMAGs yet. Have you tried contacting Magpul? I'd be curious to hear what they'd say, if anything.

All rounds were 115 gr Federal practice ammo or something like that and Blazer Brass.
    Last edited by Wake27; 09-05-2018 at 10:51 PM.

I've used the magazineblocks.com product linked to earlier with G19 mags. They do the job. Haven't had any reliability problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I've used the magazineblocks.com product linked to earlier with G19 mags. They do the job. Haven't had any reliability problems with them.
    Awesome thanks!

User Tag List