Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock magazine capacity blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    That's a good idea. The G26 is another option, as others on P-F have noted.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ighlight=Glock

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I have 4,643 rounds through my G19, all of that with CA-legal 10 round mags. I have at least that many rounds through a couple of G17's, also with factory 10 round mags.

I never had a problem with the 10-rounders, and I considered all the concern to be overblown. Until I was running the G19 pretty hard in a class while shooting 147gr HST. The HSTs hung up on the feed ramp when doing reloads with a partially loaded mag. It was most noticeable with only one or two rounds in the mag.

I came home and replicated the problem with 80% of my Glock factory 10-round mags of various vintages. For me it took the combination of using carry ammo and a partially loaded magazine. I also tested my G17 and it was less sensitive, but not entirely immune to the problem.

I immediately purchased some Magpul 10-rounders and they've been Ok for about 500 rounds. But I've seen enough mixed feedback on the Magpuls that I not especially confident in them.

One more reason my Glocks tend to sit in the safe. As always, YMMV. Best of luck.

User Tag List