Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Situational awareness and taking basic precautions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    Some people just choose NOT to pay attention to the realities of the world.

A girl I dated a little right after high school went off to college a few years later. She survived an attack in a parking ramp at about 9 at night. Probably a rape attempt, possibly involving gang members, which resulted in the suspects tossing a big piece of concrete through her car window. She got a concussion and three days in the hospital out of it and was fortunate something worse didn't happen.

A few years later she got married, and that guy later became a Deputy Sheriff. I trained him in the police academy. Some years later, after he got out on the road, we met for coffee one evening and he told me that his wife didn't want him to be armed off duty because she didn't want him "looking for trouble".

Well honey, you weren't looking for trouble either. Trouble came and found you and you could've been killed . . .
    The wife is a waste of oxygen, she will get more valuable people killed !

Site Supporter
    People watching at Walmart? WTF? I used to park my patrol car on the sidewalk in front of Walmart’s door on night shift.

Site Supporter
    Just to clarify- people watching at Walmart is an oxymoron. Every time I go to Walmart I see people that make me worry for the future. For people watching I go to wegmans for the yoga milf. Parking on the sidewalk was my attempt to push the thieves to a different Walmart outside my jurisdiction. Didn’t always work. You can’t fix stupid

Site Supporter
    Did some shopping at Wally yesterday at lunchtime. Parking lot wasn't crowded, I left 5-6 spaces between me and the next closest car and was still pretty close to the door. When I wheeled my wagon out the door I see a half dozen dudes wearing wife-beater tanks with their pants belted below their asses (didn't realize that was still a thing) milling around 2 SUV's (Escalade and a GMC), parked two spaces further out from my car. One guy was walking towards the door, the rest were just hanging around the cars.

My first thought was "Sure, I post on P-F about how I enjoy people watching at Wally and I get killed on my next visit".

Of course it was a non-event, just funny.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I’ll people watch when my wife makes a run in and the kid’s asleep in his seat. See all kinds of stupidity that gets people victimized.

- Leaving car door wide open while returning the buggy.
    - Getting in car, not locking door and burying head in phone for at least 5 minutes.
    - Walking through the parking lot with head buried in phone.
    - Not paying enough attention to the guy watching you from his running car.

The list goes on but you get the point.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post

Man do we mis Wegmans, wish Danny would start building in the South. Always thought Tops was pretty sad until we started shopping at Krogers.I believe Krogers is training to be able to work at Walmart
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Just to clarify- people watching at Walmart is an oxymoron. Every time I go to Walmart I see people that make me worry for the future. For people watching I go to wegmans for the yoga milf. Parking on the sidewalk was my attempt to push the thieves to a different Walmart outside my jurisdiction. Didn’t always work. You can’t fix stupid

Site Supporter
    (1.) "Waffle House by the Highway" is such a descriptive term. A visit to the Waffle House is one of the peculiar treasures of a visit to the old Confederacy. Many interesting people eat at the Waffle House. Particularly at bar time

(2.) I have always wondered if each Walmart did in fact contain a secret portal to another universe. That would explain a lot . . . beings from an alternate reality who accidentally became unstuck in time and drifted into our universe. Or were exiled from their home planets for some infraction . . .

The salient point of the OP's post that has me agog is that someone actually makes a special trip to Walmart at 2:00am for f'ing Moon Pies. The mind boggles.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 09-19-2018 at 05:44 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Hell, I don't go to Wal-mart in the day time. Once I discovered Amazon, actually going to a big box store to purchase tube socks and D cell batteries lost whatever appeal it had pretty quickly. If I need something *now* it's probably from a hardware store. Most anything else can be delivered.
    Same. I signed up for Prime when I was living in Orlando and never wanted to look back. Probably added years to my life with not having to deal with the clueless masses (between UCF students, Sally Soccermom, Tina Trophywife, and the sketchy tweakers and thug life types . . . yeah, thanks but no) Living down in South FL now . . . yeah, if I can't order it online I'll do without for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
    Not to derail the thread but I, too, have noticed lately a lot of people who claim to have narrowly escaped being kidnapped or having a loved one kidnapped by sex traffickers only to miraculously escape and then bravely share their story (anonymously) online. Of course, the police are never involved because that would be too traumatic but rehashing the details in an online forum are apparently not.

WTF? These people need to be pushed back on and hard. There are no lessons to be learned from this nonsense or at least none when it comes to actual self defense.
    I have 4-5 friends from FL to AL to northern IL who will share shit like that on Facebook weekly. It's kind of maddening that all those people will be so freaked out but only post it to Facebook. If I didn't know any better, I'd think there were more Russian human traffickers lurking at Walmart and Publix than customers and employees.

Sent from my fruit based pocket computer using Tapatalk

Disclaimer: I work in the firearms industry as a designer and engineer. My posts do not represent the opinions or positions of my employers, past or present.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List