Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Situational awareness and taking basic precautions

Banned
    There's a neighborhood Walmart (groceries only) right next to our church. We do our grocery shopping on the way home from church. Other than that we avoid Walmart.

I can't fire Chuck.

I did some graveyard off duty shifts at one our busier 24 hour Wal-Marts after some credible threats made by a former employee. I wanted to set up a warrant checkpoint at the front doors. It would have been a on view bonanza!
    Last edited by Coyotesfan97; 09-05-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I used to routinely go to WalMart in the middle of the night -- until January of this year when all the WalMarts near me went from being open 24 hours to closing daily from midnight until 06:00. I'm sure many, perhaps most, people think I'm foolish for doing so but I was (and still am) pretty comfortable with choices and my awareness. Plus, where else you going to get any good MUC practice?
    Dude. I went to Walmart at 0200 last winter for cough syrup and it was The Walking Dead meets John Wick.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Hell, I don't go to Wal-mart in the day time. Once I discovered Amazon, actually going to a big box store to purchase tube socks and D cell batteries lost whatever appeal it had pretty quickly. If I need something *now* it's probably from a hardware store. Most anything else can be delivered.
    Yup. I Amazon Prime everything.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Dude. I went to Walmart at 0200 last winter for cough syrup and it was The Walking Dead meets John Wick.

But even if it's okay to go to Walmart at 2 in the morning I am pretty sure you wouldn't park a hundred yards away from the door and let your wife walk across the parking lot alone so she could get her steps in

Quote Originally Posted by K.Hungus View Post
    Yup. I Amazon Prime everything.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Even if it costs more, the difference is less than the first payment to a defense attorney or the bill for life flight.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

We use walmart.com as an occasional alternative to amazon.com, and virtually all shopping is done online (but for groceries).

But, other than picking up a microwave when one was needed right away...nope, not shopping there. (And ours isn't even bad by most walmart standards.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    But even if it's okay to go to Walmart at 2 in the morning I am pretty sure you wouldn't park a hundred yards away from the door and let your wife walk across the parking lot alone so she could get her steps in
    Why in the hell would you send your wife in solo to a Walmart at 2AM at all?

Then again, I haven’t met his wife.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Why in the hell would you send your wife in solo to a Walmart at 2AM at all?

Then again, I haven’t met his wife.
    Okay first you've got to remember I'm speaking for somebody else and I don't have all the information.

Based on what that person wrote both he and his wife drove to the Walmart but only she went in and he stayed out in the car watching all the Tweakers in the parking lot.

My first thought is that if I discovered that my kid didn't have Moon Pies for his lunch at 1O'clock in the morning he would do without them the next day.

Now if number 1 is true then number 2 is never going to happen anyway but if my wife and I went to Walmart at 2 O' clock in the morning I would be right next to her the whole time.
    Last edited by Cypher; 09-05-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    Some people just choose NOT to pay attention to the realities of the world.

A girl I dated a little right after high school went off to college a few years later. She survived an attack in a parking ramp at about 9 at night. Probably a rape attempt, possibly involving gang members, which resulted in the suspects tossing a big piece of concrete through her car window. She got a concussion and three days in the hospital out of it and was fortunate something worse didn't happen.

A few years later she got married, and that guy later became a Deputy Sheriff. I trained him in the police academy. Some years later, after he got out on the road, we met for coffee one evening and he told me that his wife didn't want him to be armed off duty because she didn't want him "looking for trouble".

Well honey, you weren't looking for trouble either. Trouble came and found you and you could've been killed . . .

User Tag List