Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kavanaugh hearings.

They should skip the "hearing" completely. Just go for the votes. These days any arguments and facts are irrelevant. The Democrats will vote against him no matter what. So if there are enough partisan votes, he will pass regardless of the any hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    They should skip the "hearing" completely. Just go for the votes. These days any arguments and facts are irrelevant. The Democrats will vote against him no matter what. So if there are enough partisan votes, he will pass regardless of the any hearings.
    "My mind is already made up; don't confuse me with the facts."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Pretty sure those in the senate have the clearance to review those docs... i dont need convincing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I recall hearing on TV yesterday (sorry, I forget who was speaking, possibly Grassley but I'm not sure) that the Senate has another 100,000 pages in a SCIF for Senators to review and that zero D Senators have taken the opportunity to do so as of yesterday. The question of what, if any, overlap between the documents in the SCIF and those being restricted under EP was not asked.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I recall hearing on TV yesterday (sorry, I forget who was speaking, possibly Grassley but I'm not sure) that the Senate has another 100,000 pages in a SCIF for Senators to review and that zero D Senators have taken the opportunity to do so as of yesterday. The question of what, if any, overlap between the documents in the SCIF and those being restricted under EP was not asked.
    If that's true then poo on the dems face. I dont have a dog in the fight beyond that I want a unbiased, uncompromised SC justice.

Lots of rude, crude, shriekers in the audience early in the proceedings.
    Who is paying for that, and for bail once the harpies get arrested?

Quote Originally Posted by ACP230 View Post
    Lots of rude, crude, shriekers in the audience early in the proceedings.
    Who is paying for that, and for bail once the harpies get arrested?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I followed the hearing on and off today. Today’s session seemed like a huge waste of time to me. All of the Republican senators spoke about how much they trusted and supported Judge Kavanaugh. All of the Democrat senators spoke about how they didn’t trust him to do what he would say he’s do during the hearings or didn’t trust his record on the bench. I didn’t see anyone ask Judge Kavanaugh a single question. It was all just pandering to their side of the political spectrum and posturing against the other. It didn’t seem like anyone on the committee was open to having their mind changed. It all seemed so pointless to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Don't know if it's true or not but today, I heard one of the talking heads say that prior to 1985 or so they didn't even hold hearings.

IMO, today and the following days will be nothing but a show...votes have probably been decided already.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Each side plays from the same rule book when they are in...and out of...power. The difference between these two parties is the way they're spelled. The tactics remain the same. Neither side holds the moral or ethical high ground.

If the members of this forum, (including myself), didn't have a vested interest in trying to establish a more 2A friendly SC, I think there would be a lot less vociferous defense of one party over the other.

Frankly, they are both reprehensible...and both suck.
    Absolutely.

Both sides seem to have forgotten the Karmic, almost Newtonian, concept of ''What goes around, comes around'' as it applies to their profession (I am being generous here, so bear with me).

The Democrats whine about the ease (that is, the simple majority) with which the Republicans can confirm a judicial nominee, yet cannot seem to recall that they, under Prince Harry Reid's reign, ushered that very mechanism (the elimination of the filibuster during confirmation hearings) into play back when they were in control of the whole mess that we call the government causing the Republicans to whine about it. Now the ''shoe is on the other foot'' and we get Democrats whining abut how unfair it all is. The Democrats also whine about the late night document dump yet seem to forget that under Obama, they did the same damned thing. Everybody does it, and everybody whines when it ''gets done to them''.

Regardless of party line, it seems to me that there are no grownups anywhere to be found inside the beltway these days; surely the worm will turn again and this ''my turn, your turn'' process will proceed ad infinitum.

If this is not proof that each and every one of our politicians are children in 'adult' clothing, I don't know what is....
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Then why protect them via executive privalege. Its basics, why hide it if you have nothing to hide?

The problem is that the Democrats will never have enough. They had enough with his decisions as a judge over the last 12 years. They had enough with the recommendation by the American Bar Association, which both Schumer and Biden said was the highest standard. No matter how many pages were produced it would not be enough. If they analyzed every single word in 10 million pages, it would not be enough for them. It is just a ploy in their agenda. The Republicans were right do draw a line to end it.

User Tag List