Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kavanaugh hearings.

The second accuser has now materialized.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...social_twitter

This one is being developed by Ronan Farrow. The Cliff’s Notes version is that Kavanaugh stuck his dick in the face of a female Yale classmate, Deborah Ramirez, during a drunken dorm party involving a dildo. Per protocol, none of the listed direct witnesses remember the event and the accuser is a liberal democrat fighting for social justice and social change. Her best friend at the time (and wife to an alleged witness) says it never happened. However, the’ve dredged up some classmates who heard a rumor...

Not only am I unimpressed with the quality of this report, it’s making me question the veracity of Ferrow’s other work.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-23-2018 at 08:23 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

This may be a pretty nifty strategy given that they have the MSM providing air support.

Not only can they forever link Kavanugh's name to sex scandals, but by using such disreputable "victims" who's claims are totally unsubstantiated, they can kill off the #metoo movement that has bit them in the ass.

Apparently Stormy Daniels' lawyer is representing a third accuser.

Obviously, this is how one should treat sexual assault accusations, by waiting until quite literally the last possible moment before confirmation votes and a midterm election rather than, oh, I don't know, literally any time before that after he was named, right?

Well I’ll wager you can kiss him being confirmed before mid terms now. VERY important that we all get out to vote and drag every conservative we know kicking and screaming to the polls. As much as I hate having a one sided government, we need to insure that the GOP maintains a healthy margin in Congress.

So why the desperate delays? Obvious is that they think they will have the votes after November to kill all DJT appointments. What else. You don’t go full retard like this for 1 nominee that seems to be a one conservative replacing another conservative (relatively). I could see it if this was RBJ getting replaced.

What case don’t they want Kavanaugh voting on is it Jam v. International Finance Corp? Does that case have implications for say the Clinton foundation????

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Apparently Stormy Daniels' lawyer is representing a third accuser.

Obviously, this is how one should treat sexual assault accusations, by waiting until quite literally the last possible moment before confirmation votes and a midterm election rather than, oh, I don't know, literally any time before that after he was named, right?
    I really cannot say that this is surprising. "Piling on" like this, it suggests that they (being these disreputable accusers) were likely lined up and ''waiting in the wings'' well before this.

The first question that a criminal investigator―or a county prosecutor―would ask (and this is something that I can speak to with some experience) is, ''Why now, after all this time (32 - 36 years later) and well after the respective statutes of limitations have long been exceeded, are these individuals suddenly coming forward?"

The answer to that question is obvious. The burden of proof lays upon these late-coming accusers and they have, for lack of action, given up their right to do so. This is nothing more than a political 'hit job'.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Just dump him and vote in someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post

Why establish a precedent of removing a candidate from consideration based upon an unsubstantiated allegation?

Sink or swim on the merits. That goes for both accused...and accuser.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Why establish a precedent of removing a candidate from consideration based upon an unsubstantiated allegation?

Sink or swim on the merits. That goes for both accused...and accuser.
    The precedent which needs to be set in one of "fuck you" this isn't the venue for unsubstantiated claims, innuendo, or screaming shit shows. Confirm immediately and send the spastic fools off crying to the Enquirer where they belong.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    A few reasons that I can think of:

1) None of these accusations are credible in that the accusers came at the last hour and are contridicted by their own witnesses. To abandon this nominee means that we reset the standards so that an accused individual must prove their innocence not matter how stellar their record or how outlandish the accusation. Can you prove that you didn’t look at a coworker’s tits 15 years ago? If not, then prepare to step aside so that a SJW can have your managerial position.

2) Abandoning a nominee over such obvious crap would devastate Trump’s image as it would make him look pathetic and weak to the “Grab’em by the kitty cat” fan base. That is no bueno going into the midterms.

3) Related to #2, the Republicans can’t nominate and confirm another candidate before the midterms. If the Dems take the Senate (a 50:50 proposition that become 80:20 if Kavanaugh is dumped), Chuckles will let the position go unfilled until 2020 as payback for Garland.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Of course, they found new women. As soon as they finally agree to a time and date, the dems spring new allegations. What are the odds ofthat?

The dems are turning this process into a third world banana republic kangaroo court.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List