Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kavanaugh hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Then why protect them via executive privalege. Its basics, why hide it if you have nothing to hide?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    I agree with you in theory, but a certain sector, I think, will just keep requesting more, and More, and MOAR!!! in attempt to delay the proceedings.

Seems like all the repubs forgot about what they did to Merrick Garland. The pot and kettle...

Executive privilege for the vast majority of Kavanaughs record is suspicious. The dems arent even saying no, they are saying give us all the information. Pretty reasonable.

I wonder if they would be holding Obama's inconsistent stance on certain matters they hold so dear, if he were the nominee?
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Then why protect them via executive privalege. Its basics, why hide it if you have nothing to hide?

Kavanaugh has provided over 400,000 pages for review, not including what was released yesterday.
    I believe that's more than the previous 5 nominees COMBINED.

Given that he was a lawyer at the Bush WH, if you can't imagine why some of his papers might fall under executive privilege, nothing I say here is going to convince you.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Sen. Ted Cruz is doing a good job of explaining why these documents are not being made public right now.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Kavanaugh has provided over 400,000 pages for review, not including what was released yesterday.
    I believe that's more than the previous 5 nominees COMBINED.

Given that he was a lawyer at the Bush WH, if you can't imagine why some of his papers might fall under executive privilege, nothing I say here is going to convince you.
    Pretty sure those in the senate have the clearance to review those docs... i dont need convincing.

Each side plays from the same rule book when they are in...and out of...power. The difference between these two parties is the way they're spelled. The tactics remain the same. Neither side holds the moral or ethical high ground.

If the members of this forum, (including myself), didn't have a vested interest in trying to establish a more 2A friendly SC, I think there would be a lot less vociferous defense of one party over the other.

Frankly, they are both reprehensible...and both suck.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Each side plays from the same rule book when they are in...and out of...power. The difference between these two parties is the way they're spelled. The tactics remain the same. Neither side holds the moral or ethical high ground.

If the members of this forum, (including myself), didn't have a vested interest in trying to establish a more 2A friendly SC, I think there would be a lot less vociferous defense of one party over the other.

One party is a bunch of liars, the other is a bunch of cowards.

Which is which tends to flip from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    One party is a bunch of liars, the other is a bunch of cowards.

Which is which tends to flip from time to time.
    I disagree. I think they each exhibit both of those traits regardless.

Pusillanimous, prevaricating parasites preying upon the people.
    Last edited by blues; 09-04-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Pretty sure those in the senate have the clearance to review those docs... i dont need convincing.

Pretty sure they do not. I may be wrong, but not everyone in the senate has clearance. Some committees require it and so those members have the access to review classified documents. Don’t think this committee is one of those. More importantly the billions of Americans those leaks will find their way to have no such clearances.

I guess they could play the whole redacted FISA thing. Unload millions of black pages at 1600 on Wednesday and then schedule the vote for 0800 Thursday.

Both parties are parasites sucking the lifeblood out if this nation. Both need to go the route of the dodo bird. As does the financial mechanism by which our candidates are funded.

User Tag List