Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Israeli Commando Brigade switching from the Tavor to M4s

Israeli Commando Brigade switching from the Tavor to M4s

http://www.israeldefense.com/en/node/35539

Israel Defense has learned that the IDF Commando Brigade will replace its current Tavor assault rifles with M4 Carbines.

The brigade has already received the first batch of the new rifles, which will arm both regular servicemen and reservists. The Tavor AR was used in the Egoz and Rimon units.
    #RESIST

Every Tavor Owner: Oh man! I need to dump this Tavor and get an M4, because: the Israelis are doing it!

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

It really is hard to beat the AR pattern carbine/rifle for anything the average service member needs a carbine or rifle for. I don’t plan on replacing my ARs until we start fielding laser weapons or miniaturized rail guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Fist they dumped the Galil for the AR

Now the Tavor for the M4

History repeats itself...

Israeli Commando Brigade switching from the Tavor to M4s

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Every Tavor Owner: Oh man! I need to dump this Tavor and get an M4, because: the Israelis are doing it!

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    Hell no...

I’m far from a bullpup guy, but out of all the ones I’ve handled, the original Tavor has been the best one. Having one with a Geissele trigger pack and bow, it’s not going anywhere... whether the Israelis keep it or move back to percussion rifles.

Only other bullpup I’ve personally owned was a KSG, and owned is definitely past tense (prefer my TAC-14 over it), but that compares to my four ARs... which I still own (original 16” build, .45 D/I carbine, 18” scoped FDE rifle, and my lower sitting in PA with a Fostech Echo II in it). I don’t feel the Tavor is superior, but has the ability to excel in certain roles. Overall, the AR spanks it in flexibility.
    Last edited by Screwball; 09-04-2018 at 07:50 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Fist they dumped the Galil for the AR.
    I thought they developed the Galil because the soldiers said that the AK was ”the lion of the desert” and the M16 sucked.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I thought they developed the Galil because the soldiers said that the AK was ”the lion of the desert” and the FAL sucked.
    FIFY

As I understand it, a lot of the special forces of our allies use some flavor of M4.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    As I understand it, a lot of the special forces of our allies use some flavor of M4.
    Pretty much every NATO country’s special operations unit use some kind of M4ish rifle, if you include the HK416 in the extended family of M4s.

You might begin to wonder if the M4 isn't the flaming piece of crap the media likes to say it is every 2-3 years.

(sarcasm)
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List