Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vest holster for BUG

I've used the UM nylon and the Aker leather ones. Mika's makes a vest holster, too. I've had the same thoughts as you about adapting an existing kydex holster. My thinking was adding velcro to the back of a CCC VersaClip and capturing the vest strap with a long PTD loop from a Flashbang (bra) holster, but I haven't cobbled it together yet.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I've used the UM nylon and the Aker leather ones. Mika's makes a vest holster, too. I've had the same thoughts as you about adapting an existing kydex holster. My thinking was adding velcro to the back of a CCC VersaClip and capturing the vest strap with a long PTD loop from a Flashbang (bra) holster, but I haven't cobbled it together yet.
    I'm thinking of just ordering a Clinger holster and rigging it up. The Crossbreed looks interesting, but my experience with their IWB was less than satisfying as the backing comes up to high and interferes with my draw even with the so called "combat cut". I'm thinking a Clinger, some paracord loops, and some velcro will do exactly what I want it to do.

I was also considering SOBTactical's kydex, but there's an 8 week backlog right now.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I used one of those cheap beige UM things for a very long time.
    I know, not Kydex.
    There is/was a company called Grandfather Oak that made a Kydex vest holster iirc.
    I think Rusty Sherrick makes a horsehide holster that works much like the UM.
    I also used Blade Tech IWB holsters with a bit of Velcro on the back. Used the loops to fasten over the straps.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm thinking of just ordering a Clinger holster and rigging it up. The Crossbreed looks interesting, but my experience with their IWB was less than satisfying as the backing comes up to high and interferes with my draw even with the so called "combat cut". I'm thinking a Clinger, some paracord loops, and some velcro will do exactly what I want it to do.

I was also considering SOBTactical's kydex, but there's an 8 week backlog right now.
    Hmmm....Now you've got me thinking. I'd not considered paracord...or maybe shockcord.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 09-08-2018 at 11:10 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter

<snip>

I'm thinking a Clinger, some paracord loops, and some velcro will do exactly what I want it to do.

<snip>
    I'm sure paracord would work, but I didn't think of it when I made a holster to mount to a life jacket. I used some no name small foot print OWB holster I found at a local show, automotive velcro, and some OWB pancake wings like the ones found here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...&ul_noapp=true

May be a little sturdier if paracord doesn't work.

I didn't chime in before because I didn't think you wanted to DIY it.

Have fun, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Hmmm....Now you've got me thinking. I'd not considered paracord...or maybe shockcord.
    I hadn't either but Shrek's holster comes with clips and paracord loops. Since the velcro is really want's going to hold the holster and the loops are just for the thin strap (that's also, of course, secured by just velcro) it's probably more to make me feel better than actual holding power. I'm going to give it a go, though.

https://gladiusholsters.com/product/vest-holster/

A few guys at work run this holster for G43 and MP Shields on their vests. I’ve not used one, but they all had good things to say about. May have to change when we go to outside carriers.

Always have had good luck with Mika vest holsters. Inexpensive, well made and great customer service.
    Bob will call you directly to make sure it’s done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    https://gladiusholsters.com/product/vest-holster/

A few guys at work run this holster for G43 and MP Shields on their vests. I’ve not used one, but they all had good things to say about. May have to change when we go to outside carriers.
    It looks nice, but I'm not really hip on the price and the lack of protection for the front sight.

It looks nice, but I'm not really hip on the price and the lack of protection for the front sight.
    It is pricey, but appears to protect the gun in a decent manner. I however was not crazy about the kydex holster wear on my vest or uniform shirts. Shirts are expensive these days and I prefer my pocket carry for a much faster access, based on my experience, YMMV.

User Tag List