Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vest holster for BUG

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Vest holster for BUG

Anyone making a kydex holster that velcros to your vest *and* has loops for the vest's strap to go through? For a Shield. Preferably with a bit of cant toward the center line.

I am aware I can superglue velcro to the back of an existing kydex, but if someone makes a "one stop shopping" experience that someone's having good luck with I'd appreciate the intel.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    I am interested in this for a G43.
    Last edited by Jason M; 09-03-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Vest holster for BUG

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/m...-ditch-ld.html

Have one I bought used for my LCP. I’m not a big Crossbreed fan, but only one I have experience with. White Hat Holster also does one, but I can only commend their traditional holsters (I think it is identical, just Velcro ok back). I’ve never seen one with straps as you describe.

https://www.whitehatholsters.com/max...nature-series/
    Last edited by Screwball; 09-03-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Didn't Safariland have something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Anyone making a kydex holster that velcros to your vest *and* has loops for the vest's strap to go through? For a Shield. Preferably with a bit of cant toward the center line.

I am aware I can superglue velcro to the back of an existing kydex, but if someone makes a "one stop shopping" experience that someone's having good luck with I'd appreciate the intel.

This struck a chord with me. There was a design similar to what you’re describing posted in one of the LE BUG threads over on Lightfighter some years ago. I dug around and found it, but it appears, reading the thread again, that it was a custom one-of job. Anyway, here’s a picture of what he’d come up with...

And here’s the thread if you want to try and reach out. Member appears to be ROBBF213.

https://www.lightfighter.net/topic/bug?page=1

The Gladius Vest holster is close to what you’re looking for. No loops though.

Site Supporter
    Not what you are looking for, but I used one of these the first few years of my career and liked it...

https://www.tactical-life.com/gear/bug-pocket/

I moved on to one I like better, which I just checked some online places seem to have them is stock (just not Amazon.), which is odd, because I have been looking for one for years and have been tempted to ask Eggroll to make me one to replace my old one. I have not explored, but I am willing to bet every one offering one for sale will be out of stock. Bianchi does not list it in their catalog.

http://store.armyproperty.com/produc...l-no-4421.html

This one takes some explaining. The D ring should be hanging a lot lower....The velcro patch on the the holster should be mated to the flap that covers the gun, which is right under the webbing attached to the D-Ring. The side portions of the holster replace your vest straps on the side of your choice. You don your vest, and close the flap over the pistol. The flap keeps the pistol in place until you need it. You put on your uniform shirt with the D-Ring hanging down, and when you fasten your pants, you pull the D-Ring to ride on top of the waistband, behind the duty belt. To draw your piece you grab the D-ring and pull up, out, or forward, and the webbing strap gathers and clears your shirt as the flap is lifted giving access to the gun. Sounds more complicated than it is. Mine is a decade old now, and the elastic is giving up. Biggest problem is is quals...But that is pretty much true of any concealed backup from body armor.

Sorry for the drift, not what you are looking for, but wanted to share....

pat

Site Supporter
    I was not able to get the Kydex holster pictured above to work for me, albeit I don't think I tried threading it through the straps.

Just before being taken off the road for diabetes, I was using the Gladius holster which seemed to work as the best combination of concealment and accessibility.

I used to run one of those beige Uncle Mike's vest holsters under the body armor strap. I replaced the velcro strap that secured the gun with a snap thumb break that i stole off a cheapo nylon holster. I carried a Shield under a class-A type shirt for a right handed draw (I'm right handed).

I've since switched to an external vest carrier and I'm trying to figure out how to make it work.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Site Supporter
    I used the BUG pocket holster sewn to the front of my vest for almost twenty years. Ambidextrous , concealable, a huge variety of handguns fit. I carried a colt LW commander. The handgun Will not fall out in a fight or felt/found by a suspect while rolling around.
    Relatively slow to draw from, the “Superman” draw. The worst part is it is not a good match with external carriers or plate carrier

User Tag List