Thread: VP9 charging support fell off!

VP9 charging support fell off!

My right side charging support on VP9 has come off. I had Dawson’s put on my VP9 a little bit ago – not sure if that really is related. How are these attached and how can I reattach mine?

The rear sight holds them on by covering the top of them so they can't slide out.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Lightbulb

You may opt to take off the other one. I found it actually got in the way of using the slide. I took mine off with a steak knife. It made little difference to me.

Anyway, when I sold the gun, I just pressed them back in place. I suppose if they were Aluminum you’d need to take the rear sight off. If they are stock I’d try and just shove it back in place.

The supports don't bother me one bit, so I'd prefer they stay on. Unfortunately it does not appear to be able to press in, so I suppose the rear site needs to be removed and then both reinstalled?

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    The supports don't bother me one bit, so I'd prefer they stay on. Unfortunately it does not appear to be able to press in, so I suppose the rear site needs to be removed and then both reinstalled?
    I believe that is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I threw mine in the trash. They're there for people who can't rack the slide easily and the VP9 is one of the easier slides to rack even without those little plastic ears. I'll put on a new set in 50 years when arthritis finds me (assuming nothing better is invented by then).
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 09-04-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

They're there for various reasons. Mine has dawsons (which are streamlined) so they give a belt-grip or whatever you want to call it for one handed racking. Also allow for something solid to grab when racking in slippery conditions. Not necessary but not in the way.

I did hear one person complain that they cluttered the sight picture once. I'm guessing he's around a D class shooter though.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List