Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 inch pattern at 50 yards

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have an 870 and Benelli 14 inch that I installed beads, and tuned them, so they are B8 with slugs at 25 yards, but they are not “rack” shotguns. Much less exciting than Darryl’s deal, but I shot a turkey through the head at 44 yards from prone in a SC swamp, with an 11-87 and a tight choke many years ago. Same trip I slept in Miss USA’s bed, but that is another story.
    The question is was she in it at the time ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have an 870 and Benelli 14 inch that I installed beads, and tuned them, so they are B8 with slugs at 25 yards, but they are not “rack” shotguns. Much less exciting than Darryl’s deal, but I shot a turkey through the head at 44 yards from prone in a SC swamp, with an 11-87 and a tight choke many years ago. Same trip I slept in Miss USA’s bed, but that is another story.
    I've no doubt you slept in some beauty queen's bed, but I'm guessing she wasn't even in the same state when you did so.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Good grief. I open one thread, inadvertently renew my lust for an 18in 590, only to have it followed up immediately by half-told mentions of a bad guy meeting his demise and Miss USA's dance card but without any stories told. You suck, P-F, and I hate you (sometimes).

Headed to VT for 4 days of bear hunting tomorrow morning. Let's see if I can test the effectiveness too on something bigger than deer.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Take lots of pretty pichers.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Besides keeping the barrel/gun combo, I urge the op to locate and buy ammo from this same lot. Further, I suspect that this particular barrel may not mike at true cylinder at the muzzle. In the distant past, Ithaca M37 Deerslayer barrels had a slight taper from back to front yet were marked cylinder. They gave good slug accuracy and produced acceptable buckshot patterns.

User Tag List