Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "vintage" J frame grips on GunBroker

"vintage" J frame grips on GunBroker

The thread about taurus grips (stocks?) got me searching for the "perfect" upgrade for my 642 and I found some NOS j frame grips On GunBroker and I'm thinking about ordering a banana or maybe Sile combat grips: www.gunbroker.com/item/781241626

Does anyone have experience with those or perhaps some of the other ones listed? The seller is robertsontradingpost and he's got several interesting options.

Those look a lot like Uncle Mikes grips, or Uncle Mikes look a lot like those. They are certainly quite a bit cheaper than the UM's, even with the exorbitant shipping.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

The grips are Sile. They made lots of handgun grips way back when.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    The grips are Sile. They made lots of handgun grips way back when.
    I agree. They are Siles. I had a set on a Ruger service six back in the day. They are ok.

I notice they're using the term "Hard Rubber".
    Since they're 30+ years old, that would be accurate.
    I have the CT lasergrips on my 36 (pretty sure they're the CT-305's); I'm looking for a deal on the LG-350G green laser.
    Yes, I'm cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    exorbitant shipping.
    Holy crap yeah that's a bit steep. Free shipping for 3 or more items but still ... I was planning on ordering several different grips anyway so if anyone wants a set PM me and I'll combine it with my order and mail it to you.

Sile are made in Italy. The quality goes from AWESOME on the wooden bananas, to so-so on the rubber. I’ve found the rubber ones to be a bit gappy on the back strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are what I run on my j-frame, thanks to a suggestion by Claude Werner years ago when CDNN had them for $5. I have found them to be awesomely perfect for me. Gives you a good comfortable (well, as comfortable as a snub can get) grip and still being good for concealment. I can carry mine with the Siles in a pocket, but for smaller guys that probably won’t work too well.

I have not found any issues with backstrap gap, but I am a sample of one, so caveat emptor.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Those are what I run on my j-frame, thanks to a suggestion by Claude Werner years ago when CDNN had them for $5. I have found them to be awesomely perfect for me. Gives you a good comfortable (well, as comfortable as a snub can get) grip and still being good for concealment. I can carry mine with the Siles in a pocket, but for smaller guys that probably won’t work too well.

I have not found any issues with backstrap gap, but I am a sample of one, so caveat emptor.
    I had less J frames when that happened to me, in all honesty. Those were 90’s era steel frame guns (60, 649, 640). I never tried them on air weights, and I don’t own anything made of unobtainium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My walking/bicycling gun these days has been my S&W PC 327. It has some old Sule boot type grips on it. The grips combined with a like 1.5” barrel make for a very short package that fits in a old Eagles runner pack really well.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List