Thread: Half-pint Sharps .44-40

Half-pint Sharps .44-40

A scaled-down Sharps falling-block in .44-40. Definitely in the “No real use for it but kinda cool” category.
    https://www.americanhunter.org/artic...rps-44-40-win/

Not "kinda cool". It's definitely "very cool!" That's a neat little rifle. I also liked the photography that went with the article.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Not my first choice in caliber and I've GOT .44-40 Winchester and Colt.
    .357 with a rifle chamber would be fun. Or rechamber .357 Maximum and call it a .35 Maynard like Dan Theodore.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

They've got one in .22 Hornet and .218 Bee, either of those would be a fun varmint gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Not my first choice in caliber and I've GOT .44-40 Winchester and Colt.
    .357 with a rifle chamber would be fun. Or rechamber .357 Maximum and call it a .35 Maynard like Dan Theodore.
    I think 357max would be the bee's knees, especially if the twist rate was sufficient for heavy bullets.

Chris

It would be a sweet rifle in .357 Max, but with few ammo choices there's no way they'd chamber a rifle for it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I’d think hard about one in either .357 or .44 magnum.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List