Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Useful Glock Armorers Tools

Useful Glock Armorers Tools

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    The wiha driver is ok. I find it hard to get the torque I want when installing most sights with this tool however. And I had to modify the head of the tool a lot to make it usable.

The downside of the Dawson is it’s aluminum so it can’t be magnetized. But it’s ok for light use.

Forget the tango down tool. Just get a 3” #2 flat head screwdriver. Removing the mag catch spring a lot isn’t recommended. You can wallow out the hole in the frame. Bend the spring by improperly installing the mag catch. And most people gouge up the frame in the process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Much obliged Pensfan.

I still aspire to take a formal Glock Armorer's class at some point. I appreciate that from a perspective of growing up with guns,many feel that these things are fairly easy to take a part and put back together (and I'm sure they are). But part of *my* interest in that class is to learn as a noob, and part is to learn how the learning takes place, as an Engineer in the Training and Simulation industry.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-11-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    A hammer is neither required nor desired when assembling or disassembling a Glock frame. If you feel like you need a hammer, you are doing it wrong.

This
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

PensFan
    A hammer is neither required nor desired when assembling or disassembling a Glock frame. If you feel like you need a hammer, you are doing it wrong.
    I use one all the time. I have a well calibrated wrist. Installing sights and setting pins.

Site Supporter
    And then there are little hammers and big hammers. Since I recovered from back surgery and no longer take opioids, I can't watch You Tube gun videos. They drive me crazy, and it's a short trip.

PensFan
    For every one of you there are a 1000 guys (hyperbole, but not by much) on YouTube banging on shit with a hammer that doesn’t need banging on.
    I was just messing with you. When I build up new frames especially, the pins are tight. I'm very OCD about setting pins precisely. Most people gouge up the pin holes if they are tight by installing them by hand and punch only.

One of the most useful things I own is the Lone Wolf Tactical Armorer’s Tool, which is just a Spyderco Endura with a wave opener and a 3/8ths punch on the back.

But the reason it’s useful is specifically that: it’s always with me. It’s my EDC knife, and I’ve discovered that there’s a lot of utility in having a 3/8ths punch on my EDC knife for more than just pulling the pins out of a Glock.

Oh and full disclosure: I work for Lone Wolf, but I was hot for this product for ages before I started pulling a paycheck from them.

This is crazy talk

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    One of the most useful things I own is the Lone Wolf Tactical Armorer’s Tool, which is just a Spyderco Endura with a wave opener and a 3/8ths punch on the back.

But the reason it’s useful is specifically that: it’s always with me. It’s my EDC knife, and I’ve discovered that there’s a lot of utility in having a 3/8ths punch on my EDC knife for more than just pulling the pins out of a Glock.

Oh and full disclosure: I work for Lone Wolf, but I was hot for this product for ages before I started pulling a paycheck from them.

I've got one. It stopped being my EDC when I stopped toting Glocks, but it still pulls yeoman duty clipped to the pocket of my get-out-of-bed shorts.

Come to think of it, Rich, you need one of these!
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 09-20-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I've got one. It stopped being my EDC when I stopped toting Glocks, but it still pulls yeoman duty clipped to the pocket of my get-out-of-bed shorts.

Come to think of it, Rich, you need one of these!
    Hah!

But could be...I confess I’ve been lusting after a new EDC knife. My mini Grip that I was Karma’d a few years ago by @LSP552 is looking a big beat up. I will likely send it to Benchmade for a lifesharp tuneup. I mean, I’m no piker when it comes to flashlights (my high count was 27 when I met my wife) but I really only have that one folder knife, and I pretty much use all the time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Yes, the one great addition to my kit that allows me to change out magazine releases for the extended version without gouging the interior surfaces of my frames even if I do slip when making the change. Someone must've known what a klutz I am...
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List