Thread: Trijicon VCOG Making a Comeback (???)

Hi Risk Customer Services

Trijicon VCOG Making a Comeback (???)

I know the VCOG was not well liked universally and has been discussed here multiple times. However, I am beginning to see more and more posts on Instagram from various manufacturers showcasing the VCOG on rifles. Geissele also recently released their own dedicated mount for the VCOG.

Are the current VCOGs identical to previous generatiotor have improvements been made? I always liked the reticle, rugged construction, and easy change common battery type of the optic but when someone like Pat Rogers says he didn't like it, it's hard to ignore that.

Quick internet search shows a VCOG with the Geissele mount coming in at right around $2,000.00.

A Vortex Raxor HD Gen II-E with a Geissele mount would only be around $150-200 cheaper. Swap the Geissele for a Scalar Works and forget about it.

Much more reasonable price wise than the internet would have you believe.

Vortex Military/LE pricing makes it even better. You sign up and buy through Experticity, but the price is worth jumping through the hoops. I'll link to Vortex info below. Not sure if we can match the Vortex MIL/LE price to make it easier, or if another PF Business supporter can either, but I can check for you on Monday if you'd like.

I bought mine on the MIL/LE program, and it took a bit of the sting out. I went with a Badger Unimount, just because it's trusted and familiar. I don't believe the Scalarworks was available when I bought my Razor II-E, but I would certainly look at the LEAP if doing it again today.

To address the original question, I've not heard anything about changes to the VCOG. I believe our Trijicon rep will be in the office this weeks, if not, the week after. I'll ask him about it and report back, as I'm curious now myself.

ETA: http://partners.vortexoptics.com/?request=mille
    Last edited by Craig@SSD; 09-01-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    CraigR@ssdinternationalinc.com / 407-410-6914 Option 1 / About Us

Since it absolutely sucked previously, to the point I found it unusable, and trijicon has not said anything about fixing the optics, I doubt they have. Usually improvements of that scale warrant a new product line, even, lol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig@SSD View Post
    Vortex Military/LE pricing makes it even better. You sign up and buy through Experticity, but the price is worth jumping through the hoops. I'll link to Vortex info below. Not sure if we can match the Vortex MIL/LE price to make it easier, or if another PF Business supporter can either, but I can check for you on Monday if you'd like.

I bought mine on the MIL/LE program, and it took a bit of the sting out. I went with a Badger Unimount, just because it's trusted and familiar. I don't believe the Scalarworks was available when I bought my Razor II-E, but I would certainly look at the LEAP if doing it again today.

To address the original question, I've not heard anything about changes to the VCOG. I believe our Trijicon rep will be in the office this weeks, if not, the week after. I'll ask him about it and report back, as I'm curious now myself.

ETA: http://partners.vortexoptics.com/?request=mille
    Trijicon did not really announce anything about the improvements they made to the MRO at S/N 89K so its possible

https://youtu.be/IiIjdr4xJbU

A rather excellent review that Mr. Gunsandgear recently released on the VCOG. He was very favorable on it compared to many others.

This video helped spark my interest in the optic again but hey I'm no expert. I've only ever had Aimpoints.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Yes we can match LE/Military pricing from Vortex And if someone wants a Trijicon VCOG™ 1-6X24 HORSESHOE DOT CROSSHAIR .223 55GR BALLISTIC RETICLE at a smoking price, shoot me a PM or give me a call.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List