Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Ghost lettering and/or minimally marked vehicles for traffic stops

As Pat Rogers always said, "Policing is regional".

It is only recently, through my participation in some of the good Internet forums populated by intellectuals such as you all, that I have come to realize the significant differences in law and procedure and custom from one state to another.

Around here (Wisconsin) unmarked cars have been common since before I started driving (which was 1975).

We get the occasional incident involving a police impersonator but I get the sense that such incidents are more frequent in other parts of the country

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I drive a fully marked black and white Chevy Tahoe with a light bar on top and very visible deck lights on the rear deck. I constantly have people pass me doing 80+ on the freeway. And if Iím on the freeway Iím doing 5-10 over the limit. Do they not see me (usually) or do they think city cop canít or wonít pull them over.

Youíve unlocked an achievement because you got a K9 guy to do traffic enforcement.
    As a fellow Arizonan who detests driving the Phoenix freeways, I support this message.

How does the whole permit thing work relative to roads where the speed limit changes in areas? Noted by mile markers or something?
    "There is no timer in a gunfight. However there is another guy trying to shoot you, and he's probably in a hurry."

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    How does the whole permit thing work relative to roads where the speed limit changes in areas? Noted by mile markers or something?

I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List