Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a bidet in your home?

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

My wife wanted to replace the toilet seat in the master suite, and she expressed an interest in a bidet seat as TP is getting to be like 5.56 (expensive garbage when you find any). She also hinted that when it is time to replace the entire throne during the remodel before retirement, an integrated bidet was "a want". So, in the spirit of science, I ordered her a bidet seat from Amazon. This is the one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was even on sale, something that surprised me with the current status of the TP market. Other than having go to Lowe's to replace the PEX line from the water valve to the toilet, it was not too painful of a plumbing experience given that the enclosed toilet area is not well suited to the use of wrenches. When we remodel, that area is going to be opened up a bit to make working there easier.

Once all water leaks were not present (I learned from experience than it is better to be a bit too loose at first than a bit too tight when it comes to plastic plumbing fittings, so I try not to wrench too much), my wife took the inaugural sit-n-spin. She remarked the water was a bit cool (it was around freezing this morning). As someone who likes to finish a hot shower with all cold water, I thought it was not too bad.
    Last edited by farscott; 11-23-2020 at 03:22 PM.

https://hellotushy.com/products/warm...idet-tushy-spa

It was the Yiddish-ism of it that sealed the deal. That and the warm water mix.

Already had the squatty potty, so no ottoman necessary.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    https://hellotushy.com/products/warm...idet-tushy-spa

It was the Yiddish-ism of it that sealed the deal. That and the warm water mix.

Already had the squatty potty, so no ottoman necessary.
    How long do you need to let it run before you get warm water?
    The faucet next to my WC is a solid minute from "warm" running at normal sink flow.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    How long do you need to let it run before you get warm water?
    The faucet next to my WC is a solid minute from "warm" running at normal sink flow.
    I am on the second floor in a 120 year old house with the water heaters in the basement. (So three floors total)
    If I think about it before dunking the nethers, I run the sink until it warms.
    In summer, it makes no never mind.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Love it, I’m totally getting one!

I've been thinking about this. What is missing is an oscillating stream. I'm going to drill through the side of my Ferguson so one of this will fit:

I'll run a line tap off the hot water and turn the heater back to kid safe, won't need any of those fance control panels, just reach down and turn the 90 valve, ahhh.

We in the US are a little behind on the bidet game. And I feel we as Americans should step up to the plate. Bidets are great.--Oh, and to answer the original question...yup got em in all my bathrooms.

Recently my bride tore open an Amazon package with great excitement, presented her new bidet and asked me to install it. Now that the deed is done, I have two observations:

1) We both are cheap to a fault sometimes, and I'm predicting the cheap Chinese model we have will not last long. Hopefully it will not fail in a way that leaves our decks awash.

2) It may not matter for a while, as this time a year our well water leaves the ground at about 40 degrees F.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List