Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a bidet in your home?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Had my first experience with a tap water bidet this week. (We had a fancy-ass Toto electric for my late wife.) Not so sure how I’d like NH winter tap water back there, but Austin piss warm summer water was fine.
    Honestly, January-in-Minnesota tap water is just fine. You're just really focused and very fresh afterward.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

A friend recently got one because his wife was having right rotator cuff surgery and had trouble Going Moslem.
    He said there was a shriek only on the first use.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Trying to install one today before Kelly gets here, and ran into an issue with the new braided supply line since the T adapter shortens the distance. I have to go pick up longer ones so I can run a loop without straining the connectors.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Nice Try Podcast:
    ———-
    The bathroom is our most private room in our private homes, devoted to our most private business. And the American bathroom has long contained a stable trinity of fixtures: the toilet, bath, and sink. But is there room for another? This week, the riddle of the Western bathroom and our modern attitudes toward cleanliness—all wrapped up in the mystery of why Americans cannot seem to fully embrace the bidet.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000542315975

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5a9...c40df476604f38

Well, it’s installed and isn’t leaking. I’m not crazy about the hoses going everywhere, and the longer supply lines didn’t work any better than the original length. I’m a little worried that the main supply line has too much side stress on the end fittings and may replace it with old school solid PEX. I haven’t braved the ice pick spray yet.

Question: has anyone seen a tap water model that has a more integrated design, where there isn’t a big honking external hose that runs like a python from the supply line to the sprayer? Our old Toto washlet was much better designed, as it should have been for the cost.

Edit: maybe something like a Kohler Puretide integrated seat would work. I’m not impressed by how the bidet adapter is mechanically kludged together under the existing seat.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 12-24-2021 at 08:31 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I just finished a complete bathroom overhaul. I ripped everything out to the studs & subfloor. I was supposed to be done before Thanksgiving but supply chain issues bit me in the butt.

Can’t see it in the picture but there is an outlet behind the toilet (GFI) for bidet power. When I recover from Christmas expenses plus the bathroom I will be adding a bidet seat to the toilet.

Name:  1C38DCFF-D99D-49DC-885D-C3DB3C9C0066.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  20.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I just finished a complete bathroom overhaul. I ripped everything out to the studs & subfloor. I was supposed to be done before Thanksgiving but supply chain issues bit me in the butt.

Can’t see it in the picture but there is an outlet behind the toilet (GFI) for bidet power. When I recover from Christmas expenses plus the bathroom I will be adding a bidet seat to the toilet.

Name:  1C38DCFF-D99D-49DC-885D-C3DB3C9C0066.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  20.4 KB
    Nice! What bidet seat are you thinking? We had a Toto Washlet, and to be honest I’m not sure it was worth the premium over other options that are available now. The Washlet died after about five years of good water.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Nice! What bidet seat are you thinking? We had a Toto Washlet, and to be honest I’m not sure it was worth the premium over other options that are available now. The Washlet died after about five years of good water.
    I told my wife she is in charge of choosing the ass washer. My local Costco has the Toto Washlet (T1SW2024#01) for $319.99.

I have the bill for my daughter's last semester of grad school, my real estate tax bill and supplemental car tax bill for the car I got my daughter for her internship all sitting on my desk. Everything for the bathroom went on a credit card and that bill plus the Christmas expenses is RATHER LARGE! Three hundred bucks right now is noise on the line. Certainly it didn't help with me getting a new AR with the Black Friday sales. Hey if I can hold off on the Optic she can wait for the Ass Washer!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I told my wife she is in charge of choosing the ass washer. My local Costco has the Toto Washlet (T1SW2024#01) for $319.99.

I have the bill for my daughter's last semester of grad school, my real estate tax bill and supplemental car tax bill for the car I got my daughter for her internship all sitting on my desk. Everything for the bathroom went on a credit card and that bill plus the Christmas expenses is RATHER LARGE! Three hundred bucks right now is noise on the line. Certainly it didn't help with me getting a new AR with the Black Friday sales. Hey if I can hold off on the Optic she can wait for the Ass Washer!
    That’s an amazing price - ours was north of a grand ten years ago. Heated water, motorized wands that oscillated, heated seat, it blew warm air on your ass to dry you - it was nuts. I suspect they have more practical ones now.

I suspect SWMBO will be somewhat startled by the winter tap temp differences between Austin and NH and will start lobbying for a heated water model. I’m even wondering if a small temper tank in the vanity that feeds just the bidet is an option instead of a powered model.
    Ken

I think you guys are bringing timexs to the watch thread, swisher sweets to the cigar thread, and Kentucky Gentleman to the bourbon thread. Why hasn't anyone plunked down the coin for the real deal?

https://vevano.com/product/21147-mw6...CABEgLasPD_BwE

Lok at this remote:

Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List