Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 in 9mm. What’s the best?

Is Virgil Tripp still actively smithing? He's the T in STI and one I'd certainly put on my short list if I wanted a 9mm 1911 built.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I know some of you didn’t have anything good to say about the SA EMP earlier in the thread, but I had a chance to handle an EMP 4” with the boattail gripframe today. I really, really liked it. Like almost unbearable to leave it at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Don't count the cost of the mags and leather. You can use them with the next 1911 too
    #truth:thewayitis
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

As my luck would have it, my FFL called me today to let me know my DW Guardian came in today. Of course I’m out of town and won’t be able to pick it up until Thursday(hopefully). Can’t wait to get home to get it out to the range, hopefully this weekend if not earlier.

I'd haunt the Gunbroker ads and look for a deal on a Wilson. You may give up some customization options, but you may well find a better price and without the wait. I'm pleased with the features of the Wilson models I purchased that were South Sports Exclusives. I also understand that some of the Master Dealers can cut down on wait time and price.

As for current Gunbroker listens, here's a new base Wilson CQB that will go for $2700-2800 (depending on whether the Buy It Now is exercised. There is also a new two tone CQB Elite starting at $2750 that might merit a low bid...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    So I graduate this winter from college. Hard year but I am managing to do well in my student teaching (1st grade if you can believe it). Long story short I really want a 9mm commander/ professional size as a graduation gift to myself to rekindle my love of shooting. Currently looking at three offerings:

Dan Wesson Valor Commander 9mm

Dan Wesson Vigil Commander 9mm

Wilson Combat 9mm Professional

Thoughts? Wilson would be a stretch but I could sell some stuff to get it.
    Nice Wilson Combat you chose. Been watching that one myself. Hope you win!

Quote Originally Posted by 357carbine View Post
    Nice Wilson Combat you chose. Been watching that one myself. Hope you win!
    I saw that too! good luck

Thanks, fingers crossed!

So I’m late to the party! If I had to pick a hard use my life depends on it 9mm 1911 it would be Wilson Combat period. I’ve got a bushing true commander that hasn’t missed a beat! I also have a cco nighthawk that’s gonna have to go back for the 2nd time as it has reliability issues. The nighthawk is super accurate and extremely soft shooting so I hope they can get it running for me. I also have a Garthwaite/Colt that Jim did a complete build on that I carry so hence I trust with my life. I like DW guns and know they build a good 9mm 1911 but for me it’s Wilson or Jim Garthwaite until nighthawk can get my cco runing.
    Rick
    Brave men defend themselves, braver men defend loved ones, Warriors defend strangers fools wait! The bravest man I know John 3:17!

Whelp, I am the proud owner of a compact carry 9mm from wilson combat. Put a bid up for shits and giggles this morning before heading to teach my little ones and got a notice when I got home that I won. Now I need 9mm wilson mags and carry. gear...

User Tag List