Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 in 9mm. What’s the best?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    No, they have the normal two radial lugs but have a Wilson/Nowlin ramp.

The EDC9 has the single upper lug.
    And the EDC X9 has no internal lugs, the barrel locks into the ejection port ala Glock.

Winner!! You have to love GB. Got the new Guardian 9mm at decent price. I know many recommend the Wilson combat ETM mags but don’t see the 9 round flush fitting mag (guardian is 9+1). Anyone know the most reliable 9 round flush fitting mags? Mec Gar is usually good but obviously 1911 tend to be picky. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I’ll send the real pic when I pick it up, in the meantime this is the best I can do. I think I’m warming up to the grips, although the double diamond rosewood looks nice.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Winner!! You have to love GB. Got the new Guardian 9mm at decent price. I know many recommend the Wilson combat ETM mags but don’t see the 9 round flush fitting mag (guardian is 9+1). Anyone know the most reliable 9 round flush fitting mags? Mec Gar is usually good but obviously 1911 tend to be picky. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I’ll send the real pic when I pick it up, in the meantime this is the best I can do. I think I’m warming up to the grips, although the double diamond rosewood looks nice.
    I use Ed Brown: https://www.edbrown.com/product/9mm-magazine/ They are on sale, but the shipping is a little steep.

You have to love GB.
    I don't know how many times I've thrown out a what-the-heck bid thinking for sure I'd get out bid and ended up winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I’ve had good luck with the OEM mags. I’ve also used Metalform without issue.

The current generation of Wilson ETM mags are probably the best 9mm mags on the market, but like you said, they don’t fit flush.

I've been having reliability equal to the ETMs with Metalform Leatham mags. They feed ball and HST as well as the ETMs but I have had to tune a couple of followers to keep it from jumping the slide stop, but in fairness, I've had to tune a couple of ETMs as well.

I used this guy for Sig mags in the past and got the Metalforms from him as well. Super fast shipping. I called him to add a couple more mags an hour after I ordered and he had already dropped the box off at the post office.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/1911-met...94-p-1858.html
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 09-04-2018 at 09:28 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Okay, I've been OCDing for too many weeks. Someone talk me into or out of a $1200 stainless Valor Commander.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I used this guy for Sig mags in the past and got the Metalforms from him as well. Super fast shipping. I called him to add a couple more mags an hour after I ordered and he had already dropped the box off at the post office.

I've used him a good bit in the past for my sig mags as well. Just ordered some from him.

Site Supporter
    I've been having reliability equal to the ETMs with Metalform Leatham mags. They feed ball and HST as well as the ETMs but I have had to tune a couple of followers to keep it from jumping the slide stop, but in fairness, I've had to tune a couple of ETMs as well.

Are the Leatham mags very different from standard Metalform mags? I ask because I had a bunch of Metalform 9mm mags at one point and they worked fine except several started failing to lock the slide back on empty after a few hundred rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Okay, I've been OCDing for too many weeks. Someone talk me into or out of a $1200 stainless Valor Commander.
    What the heck else are you going to do with $1200? It's not like you'll sit around with your sweet new gun wishing you hadn't bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List