Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 in 9mm. What’s the best?

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I've spent serious time with 1911s, Beretta M9s, Sig P226&239 (9mm), and Glock 9mms.

Outside of slow fire accuracy a 1911 doesn't offer any performance advantage to me. The advantage I get is that they are significantly easier for me to carry and conceal than a thicker, blockier pistol, and I'm familiar with a 5" 1911 on a primal level. It's like my first language.
    On your more recent Wilson 9mm 1911's, are they using barrels with a single upper lug now? I had heard so and it was a factor in their improved reliability.
    Last edited by timotab; 09-03-2018 at 11:19 AM.

I was told last week that my 5” CQB Elite 9mm is being kitted and will be ready in 6-8 weeks. This will have a concealment beaver tail safety, round butt mag well, reverse crown barrel, and Ameriglo HD front sight. It is pretty close to the inflection point of diminishing returns in the cost-benefit analysis for a full-sized, hard duty use 9mm 1911.

This will probably be the last handgun I ever buy until the phased plasma pistol in the 40-watt range becomes available.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I was told last week that my 5” CQB Elite 9mm is being kitted and will be ready in 6-8 weeks. This will have a concealment beaver tail safety, round butt mag well, reverse crown barrel, and Ameriglo HD front sight...
    That sounds familiar...nice choices. Once the Ameriglo front sight is slimmed down to .125", I'll join you with that option...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    That's a beautiful set! As far as the magwell, safety, and slide release, I see they are nice and shiny. Are they hardchromed?
    Harrison custom slide stop and safety in stainless. Also swapped out stock front sight for a narrow Dawson fiber optic.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Great gun. Im becoming quite fond of 9mm 1911s. Would have preferred duty finish but got a good deal on it used and jumped on it.

The rail is annoying. Cuts up the holsters I do have and prevented me from finding a good carry holster that handles weight of the gun.

If I picked up one for dedicated carry it would be aluminum frame with no rail.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I’m not typically a stainless fan but this is really nice. I didn’t know it was available in 9mm. What are your thoughts about it?
    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    OP here, Oh man my impatience is getting the better of me. Usually the strong urge will subside in a day or so but not this time. It appears that the DW ECP is not yet shipping, or at least I can’t find any via the google. So I have gravitated pretty strongly to the guardian. Seems the vast majority of reviews are not just good but fantastic, with the exception of Iciban in post 59, but not exactly a bad review.

Call me weird but just not the biggest fan of the wood grips, kind of sacrilege to the traditionalist. But then again we are taking 1911’s in 9mm and less that 5 inch government model so I would imagine the traditionalist are just wincing through this thread. Lol

It’s bad when I am picking out the VZ grips, extra mags and holster. Hopeing to make it through the day with out dropping cash but not looking to good. I need help...
    I’ve owned a bunch of handguns, and I think around around 30 1911’s, and the 9mm Guardian is my all-time favorite. I don’t think you can go wrong there.

I was told last week that my 5” CQB Elite 9mm is being kitted and will be ready in 6-8 weeks. This will have a concealment beaver tail safety, round butt mag well, reverse crown barrel, and Ameriglo HD front sight. It is pretty close to the inflection point of diminishing returns in the cost-benefit analysis for a full-sized, hard duty use 9mm 1911.

This will probably be the last handgun I ever buy until the phased plasma pistol in the 40-watt range becomes available.
    6-8 weeks? My commander kitted in early April and I’m still waiting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    On your more recent Wilson 9mm 1911's, are they using barrels with a single upper lug now? I had heard so and it was a factor in their improved reliability.

No, they have the normal two radial lugs but have a Wilson/Nowlin ramp.

The EDC9 has the single upper lug.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    6-8 weeks? My commander kitted in early April and I’m still waiting on it.
    I can only go with what I’m being told. My initial order was placed on 8/7 and I was quoted a 6-8 month build time. Lo and behold, I get an email last Thursday from Kevin Hutchison that my order was ready to kit and they needed my verbal or written approval to proceed with a 6-8 week average build time. This surprised me a little and made me replan my financing strategy since my Spitzer Account was already dedicated to Colombian hookers and blow for the next couple months.

Anyway, I have no reason to doubt them on the 6-8 weeks. My last Wilson took about 8 weeks once kitted. The variable delay for me has always been the wait to to get to the bench. My Colt CCU was sent to Wilson back in March and only recently began its work. From what I can tell, their employees specialize in specific portions on the build making the pre-build wait highly variable based on what you plan to have done.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-03-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Yeah, I was initially quoted 6-8 months as well. Which is fine, it gave me more time to pay for it. I’m hoping it comes sometime this month.

Anyway, I have no reason to doubt them on the 6-8 weeks. My last Wilson took about 8 weeks once kitted. The variable delay for me has always been the wait to to get to the bench. My Colt CCU was sent to Wilson back in March and only recently began its work. From what I can tell, their employees specialize in specific portions on the build making the pre-build wait highly variable based on what you plan to have done.
    They build in batches. Kitting means all parts are in a bin, and it moves from station to station being built.

I’ve had a gun kitted the same day it was ordered. Just depends what they have on hand and currently building...frame/slide length/ball cuts etc.

Only Supergrades are done individually, by one Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List